What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

Anonymous

Juniors
millersnose said:
i think they were thrown there

after the boat was scuttled
Do you have any proof of this?

The actual evidence from the people who were there says otherwise.

The issue was whether or not the PM knew, he said he didn't... but others say he did.

Is Mr Scrafton lying?

Jimbo

Immortal
mickdo said:
A question for the right. Feel free to pass if you can't answer.

Do you agree that the Government lied about children being thrown into the water?

No.

A follow-up question for the left. Who the f*ck cares if they were thrown or not?

millersnose

Post Whore
Willow said:
millersnose said:
i think they were thrown there

after the boat was scuttled
Do you have any proof of this?

no

The actual evidence from the people who were there says otherwise.

oh really?

i havent read any report on how the boat began its journey underneath the waves

do you have a link?

The issue was whether or not the PM knew, he said he didn't... but others say he did.

well that may well be the issue for you...

Is Mr Scrafton lying?

well he says no children werew thrown into the water

they clearly were

why is the issue

and it seems the boat was sinking and the childrens parents seem to have thrown them into the water to lessen the risk of them drowning

who scuttled the boat?

tommytomlin

Bench
Jimbo said:
mickdo said:
A question for the right. Feel free to pass if you can't answer.

Do you agree that the Government lied about children being thrown into the water?

No.

A follow-up question for the left. Who the f*ck cares if they were thrown or not?

The Prime Minister certainly seemed to.

wittyfan

Referee
Labor are still flogging a dead horse with this issue. It's been dead for at least a year now. It's not going to win them one single vote. :lol:

andrew flap

Bench
The issue here Sullyfan is not whether you consider the issue dead, it is whether the the govt of the day, the govt still in Office, lied to us. The passing of time and whether it is old news does not negate this.

wittyfan

Referee
andrew flap said:
The passing of time and whether it is old news does not negate this.

But in a election, it does. Labor should be out releasing policies rather than getting stuck in the past. People are way over the children overboard affair.

andrew flap

Bench
I disagree Sullyfan. It's been debated here on several occasions for one example.

The press have run with the story as well (The Oz, tele and smh today).

Clearly not dead.

wittyfan

Referee
andrew flap said:
I disagree Sullyfan. It's been debated here on several occasions for one example.

The press have run with the story as well (The Oz, tele and smh today).

Clearly not dead.

Maybe not in the media, but it is in the electorate. ;-)

andrew flap

Bench
Immigration policy is not the issue...it is the truth and whether it was told to the electorate, fully and frankly.

This is always of interest to the electorate.

^ Pando

retired
Politicians lie? :eek: Never!

Next you'll be telling me that Bob Hawke lied when he said that no child would be living in poverty by 1990...

ibeme

First Grade
Millersnose, I find it interesting that in another thread you're extremely critical and non-trusting of a journalist who reported incorrect information regarding something as trivial as Sadam Hussein's shaving habits, yet you're quite prepared to overlook credible claims that the leader of our nation chose to deceive the public during an election campaign on the children overboard affair. Many would argue that the perception among the Australian public resulting from the children overboard incident was pivotal in the government winning the election. Are you not more concerned about a mis-leading government than a biased journalist? Or is it ok, as long as it's the coalition who are doing the deceiving?

andrew flap

Bench
" No child should live.......etc" Good case in point.....even further ago in time and you remember it. Obviously relevant.

^ Pando

retired
Bob Carr told SW Sydney that he would scrap the M5 motorway toll if he was re-elected a few years back.
Not only wasn't it scrapped, it went up.

Politicians always lie, it's hardly news.

millersnose

Post Whore
ibeme said:
Millersnose, I find it interesting that in another thread you're extremely critical and non-trusting of a journalist who reported incorrect information regarding something as trivial as Sadam Hussein's shaving habits, yet you're quite prepared to overlook credible claims that the leader of our nation chose to deceive the public during an election campaign on the children overboard affair.

this is what i am exploring

chidren were thrown overboard

Many would argue that the perception among the Australian public resulting from the children overboard incident was pivotal in the government winning the election. Are you not more concerned about a mis-leading government than a biased journalist? Or is it ok, as long as it's the coalition who are doing the deceiving?

children were thrown overboard

the boat was scuttled

andrew flap

Bench
it isn't news if we (the electorate) just forget it. It becomes news when we ask for answers. We are entitled to them. They govern, they do not rule.

I for one would like to see how this pans out.

^ Pando

retired
andrew flap said:
it isn't news if we (the electorate) just forget it. It becomes news when we ask for answers. We are entitled to them. They govern, they do not rule.

I for one would like to see how this pans out.

I never forgot about Bob Carr welching on that promise, it cost me a lot of money, as I used that motorway everyday when I lived in Sydney.

He lied to get re-elected and he's still in government. Isn't that one of the points of this discussion?

andrew flap

Bench
yes, indeed it is.

You should there fore discuss this as citizens of democratic civilisations do, as you just did by mentioning it then.

Latest posts