What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

sullyfan said:
Sheros los Deros said:
sullyfan said:
andrew flap said:
The passing of time and whether it is old news does not negate this.

But in a election, it does. Labor should be out releasing policies rather than getting stuck in the past. People are way over the children overboard affair.

Living in the Past. Costello and Howard are still blaming Keating for everything. Abbot is dragging up things about Latham that are over a decade old. Come on, the Libs are just as bad about living in the past.

Keating was to blame though for the economic mess of the early 1990's. The fall-out from Latham's time as Liverpool Mayor is still being felt there.

Then we both agree Liberal politicians live in the past too.

Seems this bloke said Mr Howard rang him from Kirribilli House - the PM rang him from the Lodge, seems the truth isnt certain in this bloke's mind.

John Howard is on ABC NewsRadio right now, 630AM in Sydney, pretty interesting

JK

^ Pando said:
Willow said:
I'll think you'll find that it's not that clear cut.
If they are claiming refugee status, they are not 'illegals' in the manner you have described.

Willow. In another thread you ragged on and on at me about the "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

If you enter this country illegally, you are guilty until proven innocent.

A fact of life and a fact of law.

It is not a fact of law.

It is not illegal to come here and apply for refugee status but as you said our immigration rules say that they are detained while being processed - not because they are illegal.

Go ahead and agree with locking them up in desolate parts of Australia and the pacific but don't make errors like that.

millersnose

Post Whore
they are not australian citizens

they are therefor not lawfully entitled to just enter the country when they feel like it

at the end of the day though

what do you lefties actually want

non restricted access to australia

i hear you guys whinging and moaning but never a solution

JK

they are therefore not lawfully entitled to just enter the country when they feel like it

Wrong in part but we have done this argument before and 'we lefties' (well some of us) have given opinions.

So, how is the whole misleading the public angle working for you?

millersnose

Post Whore
none of yopu has provided any evidence of the lies

i have challenged you guys in this thread to do so

i also repeatedly challenge the left

what do you lefties actually want

non restricted access to australia

i hear you guys whinging and moaning but never a solution

andrew flap

Bench
Millers, you said - what do you lefties actually want non restricted access to australia.

FYI, the mandatory detention part of the Migration (reform ) act was written and enacted when the ALP was in power. The left made it law, not the right.

As one of the'left' you are challenging for an answer, I'll be glad illustrate what I want, although I cannot speak for others. In fairness to the thread participants, hows about you create a thread and ask your question(s) of us directly in that ?

ibeme

First Grade
millersnose said:

Can you provide evidence that Mr Scrafton is lying? At present, it's his word against the PM. Mr Scrafton has offered to take a lie detector test.

Some people are more inclined to believe him over the prime minister of Australia, based on past evidence. The PM doesn't have their trust.

mickdo

Coach
Its very sad that still the raving right think that these refugees are illegals because they try to get to Australia by boat. Read the immigration laws folks... it is NOT ILLEGAL to come to Australia (by any means) and present yourself to a custom official to claim refugee status. Stop the lies.

millersnose

Post Whore
ibeme said:
millersnose said:

Can you provide evidence that Mr Scrafton is lying? At present, it's his word against the PM. Mr Scrafton has offered to take a lie detector test.

i just find the timing a little suspicious dont you JK?

Some people are more inclined to believe him over the prime minister of Australia, based on past evidence. The PM doesn't have their trust.

let me guess

the same people that trust michael moore? - lefties?

millersnose

Post Whore
andrew flap said:
Millers, you said - what do you lefties actually want non restricted access to australia.

FYI, the mandatory detention part of the Migration (reform ) act was written and enacted when the ALP was in power. The left made it law, not the right.

As one of the'left' you are challenging for an answer, I'll be glad illustrate what I want, although I cannot speak for others. In fairness to the thread participants, hows about you create a thread and ask your question(s) of us directly in that ?

i have attempted this in the past

no answers were forthcoming

it seems criticism comes easier than solutions

ibeme

First Grade
millersnose said:
ibeme said:
millersnose said:

I'm not JK, but that's not important. I find other aspects more suspicious. Timing isn't even an issue if there's a case to answer. The truth is.

For someone so demanding of evidence from those who disagree with you, you're quite happy to throw your suspicions in. Timing? Boat scuttled? Evidence please?

let me guess

the same people that trust michael moore? - lefties?[/quote]

I don't trust Michael Moore. That doesn't mean that I do trust John Howard. The two aren't mutally exclusive

JK

He gave his reasons for waiting and they seem valid. The fact remains that there is evidence supporting claims the PM lied - now the veracity of the evidence needs to be evaluated.

And I have provided answers in other threads about refugees. This is not a thread about refugees.

millersnose

Post Whore
refugees are indeed part of this subject

the lefts desperation not to have them included is quite telling

ibeme

First Grade
millersnose said:

My stance on refugees is completely independant of my stance on being mis-led by our PM, which is what this thread is about.

JK

ibeme said:
millersnose said:

My stance on refugees is completely independant of my stance on being mis-led by our PM, which is what this thread is about.

Yay - someone who can realise that the issue is about the PM's integrity :clap:

Now if only the right can ease their desperation to move off topic and start (yet) another thread about refugees to deal with issues we have covered ad nauseum ](*,)

millersnose

Post Whore
for 8 pages the left has presented no evidence of lies

regurgitating some claim by some partisan nobody does not constitute evidence

Latest posts