What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

JK

millersnose said:
Sheros los Deros said:
Yeah, damn refos escaping from a war torn country in fear of their lives. .

indonesia is war torn??

More bullsh!t to distract but I will bite.

Are you claiming they are indonesian?

Or are you conveniently forgetting that indonesia has not signed international treaties covering refugees?

Or are you forgetting that we are much better off than the average indonesian?

Is there evidence (whether you are convinced of it or not) that John Howard lied?

^ Pando

retired
JK said:
^ Pando said:
There are no job prospects, education, healthcare or civil society if you are dead.

Exactly why you should leave places that can make your kids dead and head to a better place.

Reminder: this thread is about whether the PM lied and engaged in a massive cover-up not immigration policy or comparative morals.

And put them in mortal danger by putting them in the hands of people smugglers who don't care if you live or die.

Don't tell me what the thread is about, I know. The fact is that this incident was part of what started Australia into cracking down on illegal immigrants as it should.

Some would say that it is the Australian governments duty of care to discourage people from getting on these boats in the first place, and it appears to have been successful.

This load of political bullshit has potentially saved thousands of people who would now be at the bottom of the ocean.

JK

ShireShark said:
As thick as a brick is too kind a statement.

Come back when you have something substantial! Go and provbe your political bias statement - the Government has so far failed but I am sure your towering intellect with succeed.

Dont you understand the point I am making?

My point is that this bloke can have his own political preferences deep down. Just because he hasnt declared them doesnt mean they dont exist.

By your logic, no journalist has any political bias (whether they be working for Fox News or the Green Left Weekly) simply because they have no "political ties" or claim to be impartial. Mate, it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Your point is irrelvant to the facts of the case.

JK

^ Pando said:
JK said:
^ Pando said:
There are no job prospects, education, healthcare or civil society if you are dead.

Exactly why you should leave places that can make your kids dead and head to a better place.

Reminder: this thread is about whether the PM lied and engaged in a massive cover-up not immigration policy or comparative morals.

And put them in mortal danger by putting them in the hands of people smugglers who don't care if you live or die.

Don't tell me what the thread is about, I know. The fact is that this incident was part of what started Australia into cracking down on illegal immigrants as it should.

Some would say that it is the Australian governments duty of care to discourage people from getting on these boats in the first place, and it appears to have been successful.

This load of political bullsh*t has potentially saved thousands of people who would now be at the bottom of the ocean.

I disagree with your point entirely but that can be a seperate thread if you wish.

Your point is irrelvant to the facts of the case.

How so
Your point is that he isnt biased because he has no political ties
My point is that he could be biased

Take your blinkers off here, it's directly relevant

^ Pando

retired
JK said:
^ Pando said:
JK said:
This has nothing to do with enforcement.

It is about distorting facts to assist in an election and covering the lies up.

Do you think that this ONE issue won the election for Liberal?

Having worked on the campaign, having seen the build-up of propaganda and the fact the coalition abandoned other campaign issues for the one of border protection, having seen the scare campaign take hold, seeing big pictures of johnny boy with the statement 'we will decide who comes into this country and the manner in which they arrive', etc...

Having seen all that I know it contributed.

Refugees, so called 'border protection', was THE issue. This was a part of it.

Australia isn't entitled to border protection?

millersnose

Post Whore
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
Willow why argue with Shire SHARK???? He is nothing but a coward piece of sh$t who sits behind the safety of his pc and rambles on about his hatred towards his fellow human beings.

well well well

this should be a funny rant :lol:

F#cking racist pig, i would give my right leg to throw him in that same water as those little kids, you waste of life.

and which race is he racist against?

ShireFark,

bwwaaaahahahhaha

before you comment on me sitting behind my pc, I would at any time love to discuss this and any other matter with you face to face. :twisted: It would be an honour. People like you make me sick to my stomach....
oooo

personal threats

behind the bike sheds at 4 pm tomorrow guys

How hard are you mate? Talking about desperate people running away from poverty, hunger and what ever else they have been through.

you know these peoples backgrounds???

shyt

the government needs you to process their applications

you will save them heaps of time

You remind me of racist pigs who would sit in front of their houses and call me a little Mediterranean Descendant when I was a kid.

christ..

where did you live?

Brave enough to mock me when i was 8, have f$ck all balls to do it now. Your exactly like them, hide behind your pc mate, because your views on the world wont get you far in life, scum.

bwaaahahhahaa

JK

I'll humour you SS.

If he is biased why did he not speak up at the time of the inquiry?

You are asserting he is biased - you prove it.

JK

^ Pando said:
JK said:
^ Pando said:
JK said:
This has nothing to do with enforcement.

It is about distorting facts to assist in an election and covering the lies up.

Do you think that this ONE issue won the election for Liberal?

Having worked on the campaign, having seen the build-up of propaganda and the fact the coalition abandoned other campaign issues for the one of border protection, having seen the scare campaign take hold, seeing big pictures of johnny boy with the statement 'we will decide who comes into this country and the manner in which they arrive', etc...

Having seen all that I know it contributed.

Refugees, so called 'border protection', was THE issue. This was a part of it.

Australia isn't entitled to border protection?

For the 500th time (nothing like a generalisation) that is not the point. You said you know what the point is - good, show it.

You are asserting he is biased - you prove it.

I'm not asserting he's biased
I am asserting he COULD be biased
Just because he isnt a member of a political party doesnt mean he doesnt prefer Labor to the Libs
You're asserting he's NOT biased - you prove it

If he is biased why did he not speak up at the time of the inquiry?

Well you've inadvertently brought up a good point
Maybe he isnt telling the truth and didnt want to lie in front of an inquiry
It's not a crime to lie to a newspaper but it may well be to lie to a Senate inquiry

millersnose

Post Whore
JK said:
millersnose said:
Sheros los Deros said:
Yeah, damn refos escaping from a war torn country in fear of their lives. .

indonesia is war torn??

More bullsh!t to distract but I will bite.

Are you claiming they are indonesian?

calm down jk

deep breathes now son

they got on the boat in indonesia did they not?

Or are you conveniently forgetting that indonesia has not signed international treaties covering refugees?

no

ahhh so you admit these are economic refugees short cutting application process

Is there evidence (whether you are convinced of it or not) that John Howard lied?

so far i have not seen any

JK

before you comment on me sitting behind my pc, I would at any time love to discuss this and any other matter with you face to face. It would be an honour. People like you make me sick to my stomach....

This is a little over the top for a political discussion forum :?
One of the best things about Australia is that politics rarely descends to violence.

^ Pando

retired
JK said:
For the 500th time (nothing like a generalisation) that is not the point. You said you know what the point is - good, show it.

What point is that you think that I'm not getting? Politicians lying for political gain is a given. Happens all the time.
And?

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Guilty
Ignorance: I dont care for your opinion
Arrogant: I think I'm better than you

I'd be better informed on these matters than you would be anyway

You do care for my opinion, or you wouldn't try and rebut it.
Better than me? Im truly happy for you.

Your informed are you? Thats funny, I am here reading these posts and all I see is people trying to show you that our PM is a disgraceful liar, but for some strange reason you like to turn a blind eye to the truth. Informed? Brainwashed maybe but your not informed.
Someone's taking their web forums a little too seriously I see, it's always funny when someone is so dimwitted that they cant handle a good debate so they start threatening physical violence. Keep going clown, youre only embarrassing yourself, I certainly dont care. Especially from a newbie like yourself! You're a joke!

I take ignorance and arrogance very seriously, they are a disease on a world that would be peaceful without them.

Don't start me on physical violence, I dont support a PM who led our nation to war based on a stack of lies from our US counterpart that has ended up with thousands of people being killed for no reason.

Do you think I am the least bit concerned about what anyone thinks? I have balls enough to say what I want when I feel like saying it. Unlike yourself Shireshark, the lies and deception of the media (that has been proven on this post) dont influence my life. Your hatred towards people is nothing short of disgraceful.

^ Pando

retired
JK said:
before you comment on me sitting behind my pc, I would at any time love to discuss this and any other matter with you face to face. It would be an honour. People like you make me sick to my stomach....

This is a little over the top for a political discussion forum :?
One of the best things about Australia is that politics rarely descends to violence.

I agree. There is no need for threats of violence on this forum no matter how heated the discussion becomes.

JK

millersnose said:
they got on the boat in indonesia did they not?

A country that has no international obligation to provide anything for refugees applying for protection.

ahhh so you admit these are economic refugees short cutting application process

No - they may or may not be but that is not the issue. I realise many do but I also know we can process them here and comply with international laws we are a party to.

so far i have not seen any

I am not asking if you believe the evidence, I am asking if the evidence presented would suggest Howard lied. Most people would say yes and want to examine the evidence and the circumstances - you merely dismiss it out of hand.