What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The coach.

Micistm

Bench
You can see why the Panthers dumped him.

Perhaps...but our Club and it's lazy player attitude has been there for years, off and on, through assorted coaches. It's time to find out why. Maybe these guys need to be told they are destroying the Club, and it may as well go and relocate to Aussie and then it can attract some players that actually might give one.

One Warrior

Bench
This was not Elliott, it was the players giving up, or the smiling laughing f**kwits must be dropped particularly Henry, couldn't believe him grinning like a f**king cheshire cat, get off the field and hang your f**king heads, just leave Mannering out there to talk to media, he admittedly did look gutted. I am so f**king p*ssed right now.

I don't see how the coach can be beyond criticism for what the team serves up. Whether it's the players' attitude or whatever, a coach is supposed to understand his players and know how to motivate/get the best out of them.
He's obviously failing at that.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I don't see how the coach can be beyond criticism for what the team serves up. Whether it's the players' attitude or whatever, a coach is supposed to understand his players and know how to motivate/get the best out of them.
He's obviously failing at that.

Everyone is failing at everything. Absolute joke of a night, during and after the final whistle.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Once again we are absolutely dominated in the forwards resulting in a massive difference in metres gained and a massive difference in tackle counts. f**king sick of seeing those stats every week, and it's been happening for a long time, was even pretty common in the Clearly era.

The other thing that gives me the shits is the constant high completion rate from the opposition. f**king hell, put some shoulders into the tackle and force a damn mistake.

Elliott shouldn't be the sacrificial lamb and I hope he isn't.

The attitude of the Gen-Y players on big money and profiles needs to be put in its place. Whether that's Elliott's role or the CEO's or football manager, I'm not sure.

Time to go Wayne, we need someone like Steve Price involved in this club at the top

Call Pricey now!

Blair

Coach
Call Pricey now!

What does he do in Auckland these days for a living?

Just on the Warriors forwards. I heard a press report today that alluded to the 'giant Warriors pack' and how Penrith should deal with it.

Giant? They look pretty average to me. Their 'big size' is a hangover from days gone by.

I remember the GF qualifier in '08 at the SFS (v Manly) watching the warm ups. My brother and I were saying how massive our boys looked (and they were) with Price leading the way.

That's not the case now, is it?

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
I'm really interested to hear from him once he gets off the plane this arvo. I hope there is a media scrum and he tells it like it is.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Elliott will be live on 40/20 tonight apparently

Watching poor old Manu on the footy show at the moment, he is a great bloke but I'm sure a lot of fans would have hated hearing him say they were unlucky with the bounce of the ball at the start etc

Iafeta

Referee
Interestingly, does anyone know the reasons why Tony Iro didn't get the job at the Warriors after McClennan left? I understand the bloke was obviously associated with him, but I think its been forgotten he was involved with Cleary and a successful NYC team.

vvvrulz

Coach
I was one of the very few keen on giving Tony Iro a go after Bluey instead of pulling in a new coach. At least he addressed that the boys were soft and had an attitude problem.

Scott

Bench
Interestingly, does anyone know the reasons why Tony Iro didn't get the job at the Warriors after McClennan left? I understand the bloke was obviously associated with him, but I think its been forgotten he was involved with Cleary and a successful NYC team.

Maybe they didn't want to go down the Tony Kemp route again. Kemp was an assistant to Anderson, then got the job when Daniel got the punt.

Rich102

Staff member
I think you would need to ask the team that. After he took over they made no increased effort. Cost Iro any chance.

Rich102

Staff member
"It certainly was a big wake-up call for us. If anything we got a bit complacent and maybe that was the reason for the thumping we got against the Panthers.''

At that stage won 2 lost 7 and he was getting complacent? What planet is this kid on?

TheDMC

Bench
I wasn't at all stoked about Elliot being appointed, but absolutely no point changing the coach unless you a have a damn great alternative coming in who is 95%+ sure to make a massive difference. Until then the best strategy is patience and hope Elliot can find the magic potion to get these flaccid warriors hardened the f*ck up.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanG

Coach
What does he do in Auckland these days for a living?

Wondered that too. Is he even still living over there. After he retired he had some role with the club still.

Also has the phrase "He has the full support of the board" been uttered yet? As we know that is generally code for He'll be punted within 2-3 weeks