What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The coach.

Blair

Coach
Of course he needed this win! This is the Warriors biggest winning margin since last year's win over Souths? Or GC?

Who would want to trade places with Elliott though? Not by the looks of him in the box at the 67th minute mark (Friend's turnover).

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Credit to him and the team. Seemed today they completely changed their set up. More direct with the front rowers and playing off second phase. Excellent set up for this team. You can call it jungle ball, and maybe the club has been scared of that, but we are excellent at it. I call it Warriors ball.

Diesel

Referee
I'm wrapped we won and I'm glad there is pressure off ME, excluding last week we were improving.

We have to remember what he inherited, the factions of players not wanting him, wanting Iro and giving up on their last coach by not turning up to games.

There has been improvement over the past 6 weeks if you exclude the Penrith game and the last 10 minutes of most games

Blair

Coach
If we'd lost today I was half convinced this dodgy board of ours would have let Elliott go, after all, the CEO was under fire himself. He'd have to be seen doing something to lift the club out of its crisis.

Micistm

Bench
Well, it's one game, but credit where it's due. They did what they needed to after last weeks disaster, and respect to ME & the team for doing that. My only worry is younger players high fiving each other thinking they'd stuck it up the critics and resting on that. They need to show resolve and keep showing it. But it's a start and a good one at that.

Izz

Bench
We need to perform away from home. This year at home we've been tough, but away from home we've been horrible.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
glad to see no stupid try given up on full time. much better. not redeemed by any means, but a step in the right direction.

deep down we knew they'd show some guts today, if they didn't there would have been outrage. whether it was a one-off or not is the big deal.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Of course he needed this win! This is the Warriors biggest winning margin since last year's win over Souths? Or GC?
Biggest Warriors win since Rd 18 2012 (32-14 over Titans).

Also - lowest Mt Smart crowd since Rd 13 2010 (20-22 vs Dragons - crowd 8,312).

Cold Roses

Juniors
I have to say, the jury is still out on Elliot for mine. But after something I read today I do have some sympathy for him. I was flicking through Rugby League Week in a magazine shop today and came across a write up about Joe Gulavaos retirement. In the section about his time at the Warriors he describes how he wasn't interested in putting in too much effort, was just happy to be earning some money and enjoying himself. He mentions how guys like Jones Guttenbeil and Hermannson would get up him and tell him how good he could be if he put in some extra effort at training etc. But he just couldn't be bothered. Was too happy just enjoying himself.

I know it's been suggested on here numerous times that this is the case with more than a few of our younger guys, but to hear a former player of our club actually come out and admit it puts it into a bit more perspective.

Diesel

Referee
Bloody hell, that shits me a little.

This is the culture we need to lose so we can win a premiership.

I know we weren't an overly professional team until 2001 when Watson bought the team and became a little more so since then, but this is the culture we need to stamp out. I can't imagine many NRL sides that'd put up with that, in fact not many S15 Kiwi teams would tolerate that attitude either.

If they were on $20K a year to play this game and has a full time job as well, if cut them some slack but these are kids earning a shit load of cash and need to realise it's a privilege not a right to play for this club

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Rant over.

We have a good chance to knock over the Broncos this weekend, I hope ME has them fired up like last week.

The Warriors like to play Brisbane, this'll be a good game

Last edited:

Micistm

Bench
Bloody hell, that shits me a little.

This is the culture we need to lose so we can win a premiership.

I know we weren't an overly professional team until 2001 when Watson bought the team and became a little more so since then, but this is the culture we need to stamp out. I can't imagine many NRL sides that'd put up with that, in fact not many S15 Kiwi teams would tolerate that attitude either.

If they were on $20K a year to play this game and has a full time job as well, if cut them some slack but these are kids earning a shit load of cash and need to realise it's a privilege not a right to play for this club

IMO the only time that attitide is acceptable is social grade. Period.
If it takes public bagging for a week to fire them up with some effort, so they can stick it to us critics...our job has a few rounds to go!;-)

jaseg

Juniors
Cleary. Ivan Cleary.

You know, the guy who was a major mistake to let go of.

Let's not get carried away with belting the baby broncs ;)

TheDMC

Bench
Rich, Rich, RICH!!! please delete the thread above before someone reads it and feeds the troll...cheers

natheel

Coach
Elliott isn't a terrible coach but he seems to be a soft coach where he may give players a bit to much leeway.

Warriors seem to have picked themselves up after th thumping from the Panthers and that may have been the kick up the arse they needed. Will be interesting to see how they go over the next few weeks

Penrose11

Juniors
Unsure why at bout 50th minute he took off Mateo, Matilino, Liliman and pretty sure Packer. Think parker possibly injured tho. But this is when broncos got a bit of a roll on n scored 2 tries. Our pack was small and inexperienced. He needs to sort out bench rotation better IMO. Keep the foot on the throat.

Latest posts