What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The x men and fantastic 4 are owned on the big screen by fox, and aren't part of the MCU.

Sony and Disney made a deal to bring spiderman back into the MCu from civil war onwards.

bileduct

Coach
Logan, fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk yeah!!!

Holy shit, I almost spazzed out during this. What a great ending to the Wolverine series which I didn't really think much of before this film. I really hope Fox continue to target an older audience than what the MCU is aimed at, I really thought the over the top violence and brutality of both Logan and Deadpool were absolutely vital to giving an authentic tone to these characters.

Danish

Referee
Logan, fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk yeah!!!

Holy shit, I almost spazzed out during this. What a great ending to the Wolverine series which I didn't really think much of before this film. I really hope Fox continue to target an older audience than what the MCU is aimed at, I really thought the over the top violence and brutality of both Logan and Deadpool were absolutely vital to giving an authentic tone to these characters.

100% agree, although honestly I didn't find any of the violence over the top as such in Logan.

In Deadpool the ultra violence was used for comedic value, whereas in Logan I feel like it was just used out of necessity. I mean FFS the bloke's super powers are having unbreakable razor sharp claws and going berzerk... its almost laughable that there wouldn't be ridiculous gore and bloodshed every time he fights!

I really do hope Jackman gets an Oscar nod for this. Both he, Keen (Laura) and Stewart at the least deserve nominations. I mean, CLEARLY not as great an acting performance as Ryan Gosling in La La Land, but you know.............. (how many dots do I need to put to ensure everyone understands how sarcastic I am being?)

Hopefully the #oscarssowhite campaign has now run out of steam with all the white guilt awards handed out to Moonlight this year so they get a chance.

LESStar58

Referee
Coincidence. The week after seeing Logan I have the director himself as a repeat customer.

f**k I love my work!

Last Week

Bench
Logan is brilliant. I loved it. It's up there with the Dark Knight in quality.

I enjoyed the Dark Knight more because of Heath Ledgers acting and how it truly showcased a battle between good and evil.

But Logan is just fantastic. I need to see it again to truly absorb it more. You are very invested to all the characters, you hate the bad guys, you want as much of Logan and the girl on screen as you can get.

It's Oscar worthy. It won't get any, but it should.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Saw Logan today, holy shit they finally did the Wolverine character justice. It was awesome!!

Acting for Jackman and stupid was superb but X23 stole the movie, she was fantastic. Will have to watch this again ASAP.

shiznit

Coach
I know it ain't gonna happen... but I'd love to see fox re-boot the entire x-men series in the R-Rated style of Logan and Deadpool....

Wolverine just needs to be done this way IMO...

Actually maybe not reboot the entire series... because I actually enjoyed xmen first class.....

Maybe they just need to make just a gritty xmen film with all the same actors...

shiznit

Coach
the early reviews of Netflix Iron Fist series are coming out and they aren't very good...

Sounds like even Luke Cage is considerably better than this...

Zoidberg

First Grade
I know it ain't gonna happen... but I'd love to see fox re-boot the entire x-men series in the R-Rated style of Logan and Deadpool....

Wolverine just needs to be done this way IMO...

Actually maybe not reboot the entire series... because I actually enjoyed xmen first class.....

Maybe they just need to make just a gritty xmen film with all the same actors...
I'm not sure I completely agree with that thought. While it definitely fits and helps with the Deadpool and Wolverine characters, I think the x-men for the most part don't need to be R rated (in the U.S, our MA15+). But I'm not a comic reader so I'm basing what I know about the characters on the movies and 90's cartoon show, so I may be totally wrong ;)

Caped Crusader

Juniors
the early reviews of Netflix Iron Fist series are coming out and they aren't very good...

Sounds like even Luke Cage is considerably better than this...
Dont know if its as dire as that

It certainly seems like it has its issues but most of the reviews ive looked at say its a solid start without being outstanding

A lot of the criticism seems to stem from the slow nature of the series and the fact Danny rarely uses his powers.

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I'm not sure I completely agree with that thought. While it definitely fits and helps with the Deadpool and Wolverine characters, I think the x-men for the most part don't need to be R rated (in the U.S, our MA15+). But I'm not a comic reader so I'm basing what I know about the characters on the movies and 90's cartoon show, so I may be totally wrong ;)
Nah I think you are spot on mate

Wolverine has always had a very violent nature and Deadpool the same, with some very blue humour on top. The more mature take certainly suits their characters

The rest of the X-Men character base doesnt have that though (with the exception of the later incarnation of X-Force) and would just become inaccessable to teens if they took the whole franchise in an R rated direction. It would feel a bit like the studio doing them R rated just because it worked before and forcing it, rather than to do the characters service.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Logan was ok, but I don't think it was as good as some have claimed

The plot was a bit thin for a serious movie like that or anyone taking oscar worthy

Latest posts