What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Everyone you quoted, including me, said nothing about TAS.

My comments were never about suggesting TAS was good or even better than the other 3 movies. I think you went off on your own tangent there

Eelementary

Post Whore
f**k yeah! Been looking for this Aquaman statue for a long time, and I finally found it! In anticipation of the Justice League film.

dc-comics-aquaman-premium-format-300218-05.jpg

BennyV

Referee
Also just finished Luke Cage (finally). Definitely not as strong as Jessica Jones and nowhere near Daredevil.

In saying that, after JJ I read way too far into how 'good' the bad guys are (because Killgrave was so f**king awesome). I was a big fan of Cottonmouth and it sucked when he was killed, Diamondback was shit but Shades is pretty awesome.

Looking forward to Ironfist, aka 'Game-of-thrones-actors-in-their-spare-time'.

Frederick

Staff member
Affleck no longer directing Batman. Wanted more time to work on script but Warners too concerned about release date so he stepped down.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Reading the statement from Affleck he made it sound not so bad. He made out it would be too difficult to direct as well as act in this movie. Hopefully they keep his script and get another good director on board.

Here's Affleck's quote
“There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions. Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Affleck no longer directing Batman. Wanted more time to work on script but Warners too concerned about release date so he stepped down.
Why are you making stuff up

He stepped down because it was too much to star, write, produce and direct a massive budget movie

Frederick

Staff member
Why are you making stuff up

He stepped down because it was too much to star, write, produce and direct a massive budget movie

Affleck, who wrote the screenplay and will remain on board as both star and exdecutive producer of the film, has been expressing slight differences of opinion with the studio for some time, indicating that he was more concerned with perfecting the script before going forward, while the studio had concerns about hitting their release date.
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/31/ben-affleck-steps-down-as-director-of-the-batman/

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Affleck, who wrote the screenplay and will remain on board as both star and exdecutive producer of the film, has been expressing slight differences of opinion with the studio for some time, indicating that he was more concerned with perfecting the script before going forward, while the studio had concerns about hitting their release date.
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/31/ben-affleck-steps-down-as-director-of-the-batman/
Fair enough. Sorry m8, bit of an overreaction on my part

As a comic book fan, and obviously a batman fan, this is getting a bit frustrating tbh. Get your shit together WB, you have some of the best characters to work with with great stories yet they just can't keep things on track.

PJ

First Grade
Also just finished Luke Cage (finally). Definitely not as strong as Jessica Jones and nowhere near Daredevil.

In saying that, after JJ I read way too far into how 'good' the bad guys are (because Killgrave was so f**king awesome). I was a big fan of Cottonmouth and it sucked when he was killed, Diamondback was shit but Shades is pretty awesome.

Looking forward to Ironfist, aka 'Game-of-thrones-actors-in-their-spare-time'.

Just finished and mostly agree, but I thought Shades was shit. What a crap actor.