What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

myrrh ken

First Grade
Some cracker learns mystical martial arts from some asians and combined with his racial superiority is able to save the world?

shiznit

Coach
Remember that time the Marvel Cinematic Universe won an Oscar? Yeah, neither do I.

Congrats to Suicide Squad, and the far superior DCU for their win.
Lmfao...

Yeah congratulations to the DC make up lady's....

absolute shithouse writers and directors...

But the best make up lady's in the business... lol

The worst part of your comment is you celebrate a bloody make up oscar and completely forget that Heath Ledger won an actual coveted oscar for playing the joker... SMH

shiznit

Coach
I should also probably add a sincere congrats to the make up people for SS.

Because as terrible as the actual story was... now that I think back at it... the make up was actually pretty amazing...

So from what I saw they were deserving of the oscar they won.

shiznit

Coach
Why not??

My point wasn't really biting on his MCU dig....

It was the opposite... I was pointing out that a DC film actually won one of the big awards...

No MCU movie will come close to winning one of those awards..

Danish

Referee
Don't post in here normally but just got back from seeing Logan and it was f**king brilliant. Miles above any other comic book movie ever.

As a guy who is honestly growing tired of the Avengers side of the Marvel universe (I must be the only person who was bored out of my mind during the "epic" airport battle in civil war) this was such a great change of pace.

Looking forward to a second viewing

Danish

Referee
Why not??

My point wasn't really biting on his MCU dig....

It was the opposite... I was pointing out that a DC film actually won one of the big awards...

No MCU movie will come close to winning one of those awards..

Go see Logan. I bet they'll get multiple nominations from that film

shiznit

Coach
Oh my. I am certain that Disney shall now forego any further profits and shut down the licence to print money at this point in time that is Marvel.

They're in it for the art. Lol. OK
I agree 100%...

You ain't gonna get an argument out of me... 95% of what I usually post is negative towards DC.

I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation.... it's very rare for a comic book character/film to get one of the big acamady awards.

So they fact that Ledger pulled that one for the joker is quite the achievement....

Sometimes you gotta show some balance....

shiznit

Coach
Go see Logan. I bet they'll get multiple nominations from that film
Yeah I'm hearing some pretty amazing things about it... I need to get a chance to watch it though...

Just an aside... are the FOX movies considered part of the MCU??

Obviously they are Marvel... but for some reason I had the idea that the MCU was anything created by Marvel Studios.

Or in the case of the upcoming Spider-Man film co-made with Marvel Studios and Sony.