What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Rotten Tomatoes is a f**king waste of time anyway.

Critics reviews are next to useless because a lot of the reviewers are bought. If they give a bad review they won't be invited to the next exclusive showing and their publication won't have an article to drop the moment the embargo is lifted.

Either that or reviews are ideologically driven. You only have to look at the difference in scores between Roseanne season 10 and The Conners to see that. Take Roseanne Barr out but cover the same material with the same dreadful acting and the score jumps from the 60s into the 90s.
As I’ve said in the past... When I look at movies I have a few critics that value based on previous film reviews I’ve agreed with.

Quite often they have gone against what the RT consensus is.

bileduct

Coach
This looks like a bit of a turd to be honest.

The Phoenix storyline deserves so much more than being jammed into one movie. The origin story of the cosmic Phoenix Force possessing Jean Grey should have been one movie, and the Dark Phoenix storyline should have followed it in another movie. Instead it looks like starting with Apocalpyse they've retconned the nature of the Phoenix Force as instead simply being one of Jean's mutant abilities, which I guess is amplified in this new movie by whatever happens to her in the space mission.

It looks like all the space stuff involving the Starjammers, the Imperial Guard and the Shi'ar Empire has been stripped out. We won't get to see Dark Phoenix consuming a star and killing five billion people on an alien planet.

On a brighter note, it does look like Mystique dies.

Reactions: gUt

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks pretty meh to be honest, i thought Apocalypse was a pretty poor follow up to a classic like days of future past.

bileduct

Coach
I hope the dark phoenix stuff leads into the Inferno crossover
With Disney now in control of the X-Men I doubt that's ever going to happen.

That's another story that would be too much to cram into one film. Madelyne Pryor, Mister Sinister, resurrection of Jean Grey, X-Factor.... they'd f**k that all up too.

Reactions: gUt

Game_Breaker

Coach

That's another story that would be too much to cram into one film. Madelyne Pryor, Mister Sinister, resurrection of Jean Grey, X-Factor.... they'd f**k that all up too.

They’d want a return on their investment
So expect an x-men film every 6 months.

shiznit

Coach

Hate all you like...

But you damn well know Feige will f**king do the DPS far better than those bums at Fox.... :joy::joy:

Give Feige the rights and he will put the right film maker in charge to make it happen.

Frederick

Staff member

They don't necessarily have to cram it into a movie...could always release it as a series on Hulu

Matua

Bench
Looks pretty meh to be honest, i thought Apocalypse was a pretty poor follow up to a classic like days of future past.
Apocalypse was almost Man of Steel/Batman v Superman bad. Even Olivia Munn in a sexy costume couldn't redeem it.

jargan83

Coach

I watched Apocalypse on a flight from Perth to Sydney and it put me to sleep. Needless to say I haven't revisited it.

shiznit

Coach
Well I guess that explains why they got Deadpool right as well then.

Disney wouldn't have made either or these films considering their target market is 10 year olds.
Very true... but dont act like Fox had any interest in making it either until Reynolds leaked test footage... :joy::joy:

And dont forget the first attempt...

17-deadpool-x-men.w700.h700.jpg

:joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
They're not orphans.
Certainly aren’t...

Kinda similar to the fox demographic TBH... they both live at home with their parents...

Sadly for Fox’s box office it seems that parents stop buying movie tickets for their kids once they turn 35 and start living in the basement.