What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

bileduct

Coach
Certainly aren’t...

Kinda similar to the fox demographic TBH... they both live at home with their parents...

Sadly for Fox’s box office it seems that parents stop buying movie tickets for their kids once they turn 35 and start living in the basement.
Geez, I hope my parents don't find out about that!

Frederick

Staff member
I guess they called her Captain Marvel because "Superman With Tits" would have been too obvious.

Mediocre at best.
You mean to say you actually paid money to see an MCU movie??

I though they were all hard passes for you? :thinking:

Danish

Referee
Captain Marvel was about on par for an MCU movie I'd say. Popcorn fun with zero stakes culminating in a completely one sided final battle where our hero never appears remotely in trouble - your standard Seagal formula, basically. They really drove home the complete lack of tension in the finale when playing "Just a Girl" as the sound track for Marvel just laying waste to everyone.

Can't see myself bothering with any marvel movies once End Game is done. I think I've outgrown them tbh

Zoidberg

First Grade
They really drove home the complete lack of tension in the finale when playing "Just a Girl" as the sound track for Marvel just laying waste to everyone.

Can't see myself bothering with any marvel movies once End Game is done. I think I've outgrown them tbh
No. They don’t play that song. Seriously?
I didn’t like when they used Led Zepplin in Ragnarok, I am a film score person and just found it cheesy.

I was thinking before Infinity war came out that I’d be done with the MCU (seen all in the theatre so far), IW gave me a new lease but we’ll see how long it lasts.

bileduct

Coach
No. They don’t play that song. Seriously?
I didn’t like when they used Led Zepplin in Ragnarok, I am a film score person and just found it cheesy.
Seriously. It's hilariously bad.

The soundtrack tries to capitalise on mid 90's nostalgia and grrrrl power in a completely transparent way. Hole, Garbage, No Doubt, Elastica, Salt-N-Pepa and TLC. There's a Nirvana song thrown in there as well which feels completely out of place. Brie Larson is wearing a Nine Inch Nails shirt for half the film.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There's a Nirvana song thrown in there as well which feels completely out of place.

The thing about that is it was implied that the music in that scene was her choice. But if she was missing for 6 years she wouldn't have heard Come As You Are before.

bileduct

Coach
The thing about that is it was implied that the music in that scene was her choice. But if she was missing for 6 years she wouldn't have heard Come As You Are before.
Yeah, the Street Fighter II game she remembers playing didn't come out until 1992 as well, which would have been three years after she disappeared.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I was hoping they wouldn't follow the bumblebee recipe to remind people of what decade it is set on by doing it as much as possible and as loudly as possible but meh

Latest posts