What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

bileduct

Coach
Holy shit, as mediocre as I found Captain Marvel to be, the reaction from woman and minority hating fanboys apoplectic with rage over the box office success of this film has been beautiful to watch. For at least the past month they've been crowing over Rotten Tomatoes being review bombed and making all kinds of ridiculous predictions about this movie bombing hard and taking down Endgame and the rest of the MCU with it. Now there's all kinds of conspiracy theories coming from them about Disney somehow inflating the box office numbers by buying up all the tickets at showings but leaving empty seats.

There's a few Youtube channels like Geeks + Gamers that death ride these films hard with multiple videos every single day, making all sorts of wild predictions which rarely come true. The comments section is a wild ride.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holy shit, as mediocre as I found Captain Marvel to be, the reaction from woman and minority hating fanboys apoplectic with rage over the box office success of this film has been beautiful to watch. For at least the past month they've been crowing over Rotten Tomatoes being review bombed and making all kinds of ridiculous predictions about this movie bombing hard and taking down Endgame and the rest of the MCU with it. Now there's all kinds of conspiracy theories coming from them about Disney somehow inflating the box office numbers by buying up all the tickets at showings but leaving empty seats.

There's a few Youtube channels like Geeks + Gamers that death ride these films hard with multiple videos every single day, making all sorts of wild predictions which rarely come true. The comments section is a wild ride.
That geeks and Gamers dude is one sad merkin.

I checked a few of his vids out after you posted a few on here and fair dinkum he’s wound just a little tight. I think Brie Larson is a fart sniffer of the highest order but he comes off as some crazed stalker.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Can’t say I’m a huge fan of those uniforms at the end. Hopefully in context I’ll like it more.

jargan83

Coach
I guess it would be considered nit picking but I didn't like how you see Tony and Nebula at the end of the trailer in the suits after Disney/Marvel had gone with the lost in space routine for them.

shiznit

Coach
With everything that’s gone on in the last day or so it’s hard to be excited about anything TBH...

But this made me happy...

bileduct

Coach
With everything that’s gone on in the last day or so it’s hard to be excited about anything TBH...

But this made me happy...

It's good to see him back as Guardians is the only series worth watching. But this just shows that Disney succumbed to social media outrage, fired someone they should have stood behind, and now they're backtracking. Either it was a show for the public and it was always intended for him to come back, or they've decided that it's ok for somebody that makes jokes about child molestation to represent their brand after all.

shiznit

Coach
It's good to see him back as Guardians is the only series worth watching. But this just shows that Disney succumbed to social media outrage, fired someone they should have stood behind, and now they're backtracking. Either it was a show for the public and it was always intended for him to come back, or they've decided that it's ok for somebody that makes jokes about child molestation to represent their brand after all.
He should never have been fired in the first place... he made a distasteful joke over 10yrs ago which he has apologised for multiple times.

He never hid it... he owned it and he’s moved on.

The only reason this became an issue was because of his left wing views... some right wing nut job who has posted far more vile things than Gunn has made a big deal about it and Disney overreacted.

Disney were f**ked because they tried to get Taika to take over the role and he refused.

In the end I’m glad Disney did the right thing and overturned the decision...

And as a bonus we get to see him take over suicide squad... which he never would have been allowed to helm if this hadn’t happened.

bileduct

Coach
He should never have been fired in the first place... he made a distasteful joke over 10yrs ago which he has apologised for multiple times.

He never hid it... he owned it and he’s moved on.

The only reason this became an issue was because of his left wing views... some right wing nut job who has posted far more vile things than Gunn has made a big deal about it and Disney overreacted.

Disney were f**ked because they tried to get Taika to take over the role and he refused.

In the end I’m glad Disney did the right thing and overturned the decision...

And as a bonus we get to see him take over suicide squad... which he never would have been allowed to helm if this hadn’t happened.
Yeah, I know what he did and I know what happened. I'm commenting on Disney's kneejerk reaction to fire him instead of standing by him like they should have. Succumbing to social media outrage in some kind of attempt to protect their brand was weak as piss. Disney should have been the ones to say that he'd apologised for it before and that it didn't reflect the person he was today. But they didn't. Their attitude is "f**k this, we own this now, we'll do what we want", and that didn't go over well with the cast or the fans. That's why they've now backflipped. Taika isn't the only director in town. There's plenty of people who would have been dying to take that role.

f**k Disney.

Also, what Mike Cernovich did was a response to left-wing nutjobs doing the exact same thing to right-wingers in any industry. They loooooove complaining to employers and getting people fired. Not just employers either, they'll contact your friends and family too.

Last edited:

Latest posts