What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Game_Breaker

Coach
But the point of his character is usually he is the one rich guy that is a good guy. Making him just another dickhead rich guy is cynical and boring imo. They did the same thing with the Batman Telltale games.

Maybe from Bruce’s perspective
I don’t mind films taking liberties like that

I don’t find it boring at all. Being Mr. Perfect is boring for me

Matua

Bench
Maybe from Bruce’s perspective
I don’t mind films taking liberties like that

I don’t find it boring at all. Being Mr. Perfect is boring for me
I don't have an issue with anything they did that wasn't canon. It wasn't really a Batman universe film to me.

One thing I will say is that I'm glad I saw it early before people started over-hyped fawning over it. If I hear one more person say it revolutionises cinema or it's a perfect film I'm going to punch them in the mouth.

I enjoyed it, but I wonder if I wouldn't have enjoyed it so much if I'd gone in expecting it to be the Godfather (actual greatest film ever made) level - it could have been like La La Land, I was told so many times how brilliant it was before I saw it, but it wasn't, and I still don't know if my distaste for that film is due to the film itself or the fans over-hyping it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Commissioner Gordon is being played by a black actor too (Jeffrey Wright). He’s been good in everything I’ve seen him in but I’m sure there will still be a triggered few.

The Riddler being played by Paul Dano.

nick87

Coach
I saw joker today, i thought it was great up until the point where it tried to jam in the Batman stuff.,, which i guess they had to do, and i get why they did it... but it felt too forced and kind of took away from the rest of the film... otherwise, no qualms

shiznit

Coach
Commissioner Gordon is being played by a black actor too (Jeffrey Wright). He’s been good in everything I’ve seen him in but I’m sure there will still be a triggered few.

The Riddler being played by Paul Dano.

Just wait until Idris Elba plays James Bond or Batman... motherf**kers are gonna jump off buildings over it... :joy::joy:

Springs09

Juniors
Would be nothing compared to the meltdown that would happen if Apollo Creed or Lando or Morpheus or Mr Tibbs or Blade were cast with a white actor. People had huge meltdowns over Egyptian Gods being white or a comic character they never heard of in the Ancient One being white.

shiznit

Coach
Would be nothing compared to the meltdown that would happen if Apollo Creed or Lando or Morpheus or Mr Tibbs or Blade were cast with a white actor. People had huge meltdowns over Egyptian Gods being white or a comic character they never heard of in the Ancient One being white.

images

bileduct

Coach
Imagine the meltdowns if a straight white woman was cast as a trans person, or played a major role in a Ghost in the Shell movie... or if a film directed by a white dude won best picture against a Spike Lee yawnfest and some Marvel horseshit that bores you into developing cancer.

Matua

Bench
None of what you two have suggested compared to the meltdown over just Captain Marvel existing let alone having an actress who didn't know her place. But keep trying.

shiznit

Coach
None of what you two have suggested compared to the meltdown over just Captain Marvel existing let alone having an actress who didn't know her place. But keep trying.
To be fair to Bileduct... and I’m not one to defend him normally....

he actually pointed out a lot of the absurdity around it as it happened.

shiznit

Coach
Who do characters like joker, lex Luther etc. Never seem to require an ethnic change?

I don’t see why they couldn’t TBH... but I guess you’d have to find the right actor.

i could physically see Idris Elba or The Rock as Bane....

Springs09

Juniors

No one gave a shit about Captain Marvel existing, she's existed for ages. All the dumbass whinging was about the actress.

Springs09

Juniors

What do movie roles have to do with privilege or oppression?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy that its apparently racist to complain about white characters being race-changed but the same people who cry 'racist' to the complainers have huge meltdowns themselves when a non-white character is cast as white. Where's the 'colour-blind casting' there? There's even a term for it - whitewashing, yet the opposite is apparently equality. Its double standards.

Springs09

Juniors
Imagine the meltdowns if a straight white woman was cast as a trans person, or played a major role in a Ghost in the Shell movie... or if a film directed by a white dude won best picture against a Spike Lee yawnfest and some Marvel horseshit that bores you into developing cancer.

People complain about all sorts of ridiculous shit now, like straight actors playing gay characters, or able-bodied actors playing disabled actors, like 'acting' isn't a thing. Or the shitstorm that goes down whenever a white actor is cast in an adaptation of anime, even one thats set in a fictional land like Dragon Ball or The Last Airbender.

And I don't like any characters being changed. I prefer when they stick to the source material. But of course I'm only racist or privileged or whatever other garbage they say if I complain about white characters being changed.