What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Zoidberg

First Grade
Sad news to hear, only really know him as BP, but he friggin nailed that part, and coming into team films after they’re already established and to fit in as well as he did, was remarkable.
I remember hearing 12 months ago (maybe?) that there was talk of recasting the role of Black Panther, in hindsight I guess we know why.
My heart says retire the character and have another take the mantle.

shiznit

Coach
Sad news to hear, only really know him as BP, but he friggin nailed that part, and coming into team films after they’re already established and to fit in as well as he did, was remarkable.
I remember hearing 12 months ago (maybe?) that there was talk of recasting the role of Black Panther, in hindsight I guess we know why.
My heart says retire the character and have another take the mantle.

I’d say Shuri will be the new BP... although i do wonder if Letitia Wright is physically up do the job of playing the BP.

mind you... Natalie Portman is apparently playing The Mighty Thor so who the f**k knows....

greenBV4

Bench
I’d say Shuri will be the new BP... although i do wonder if Letitia Wright is physically up do the job of playing the BP.

mind you... Natalie Portman is apparently playing The Mighty Thor so who the f**k knows....
We might end up with female thor, iron Man, hawkeye, antman and now black panther looking at the hints they've been giving!

Although I do think portman's stint as thor will be just limited to the one movie, pretty sure hemsworth said he enjoyed playing the character and its not like she would be any cheaper contract wise if that was an issue

ACTPanthers

Bench

Firstly, as most who interact with me on here would know I generally have a Black Panther avatar. Black Panther was my favourite comic when I was a kid and LOVED when he was brought to life on the big screen. CB was outstanding, and to learn that he battled this for so long, makes it even more awe inspiring.

As to how the Black Panther will live on in the MCU, I think the Shuri angle is the best. I was an avid reader of the Shuri/Black Panther era and loved it.

ACTPanthers

Bench
All those female iterations of the characters have been part of Marvel Comics throughout so I'd love it!

Rescue for Ironman, Wasp for Antman, Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) for Hawkeye and Thor (Jane Foster) for Thor...

In saying that, Antman and Hawkeye seem to still be in some of the plans.

bileduct

Coach
Disney suddenly gender swapping all the characters would be box office suicide, and I'm pretty sure they know that considering the very small amount of female led movies there have been so far.

shiznit

Coach
Disney suddenly gender swapping all the characters would be box office suicide, and I'm pretty sure they know that considering the very small amount of female led movies there have been so far.
Disney are f**king untouchable at the moment because they know Feige will turn any film male or female led into a billion dollar franchise.

the sandbox they’ve built over 20 odd films have given them a licence to print money.

bileduct

Coach
Disney are f**king untouchable at the moment because they know Feige will turn any film male or female led into a billion dollar franchise.

the sandbox they’ve built over 20 odd films have given them a licence to print money.
23 MCU films released so far with only 1 of them led by a female, and it was sandwiched between the two biggest films of the entire franchise and purported to be essential viewing for Endgame. Kevin already knows that female led films aren't automatic licenses to print money and need to be done carefully and not use stupid gimmicks like gender flipping major characters.

Disney already shit the bed with Star Wars, and with Endgame wrapping up everything that came before it the MCU is now essentially a blank slate. There is no guarantee for success.

shiznit

Coach
Spider-Man 3 is sounding f**king bananas... it looks like Sony/Marvel are going to make a live action spider verse film...

With Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield’s spideys making an appearance alongside the current Spider-Man.

And with electro and doc ock coming back so potentially a sinister 6??

I hope they do it justice as the animated into the spiderverse was f**king amazing.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I'm excited about Doc Ock, Alfred Molina still the best villain in any Spiderman film
I’ve seen some absolute crazy rumours about it...

Like Tom Cruise is going to play an alternative version of Tony Stark from another universe, Emily Blunt will be Black Widow... :joy::joy:

In other MCU news... interesting to see the actors are starting to turn up on your guys neck of the woods for Thor 4.

Natalie Portman, Vin Diesel and Christian Bale have moved over and I think Chris Pratt and the rest of the guardians are heading over.

also looking forward to WW84 and Suicide Squad 2 getting released on HBO Max in release so will get them available early. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
I saw WW84 last night.

I have no words to describe how truly nonsensical and terrible I found this movie. The whole plot is a weird maguffin that makes little sense, the CGI is overused and very obvious, there are some seriously strange political messages in there, the movie can't decide if it wants to be camp or serious straddling a middle line that doesn't work and it's about an hour too long - but if you got rid of all the slow-mo scenes it'd be about fifteen minutes long.

I don't know how DC manages to keep lowering the bar, but somehow they do.

Reactions: gUt
Sad but true

WW84 seemed like a rush job or more likley, a movie that they revisited the editing room too much simply because they had the time to play around even if it didnt need it.

Im still trying to work out the point of Max Lord or why Steve Trevor had to return in some poor schmucks body.

Timbo

Staff member
Sad but true

WW84 seemed like a rush job or more likley, a movie that they revisited the editing room too much simply because they had the time to play around even if it didnt need it.

Im still trying to work out the point of Max Lord or why Steve Trevor had to return in some poor schmucks body.

And how at no point, did Diana or Steve say 'hey it's great that you're/I'm alive, but what about this poor guy who we've essentially killed for it'.

Nah, just make the dilemma that Diana is getting weaker and doesn't give a f**k about murdering an innocent person because her boyfriend of two weeks from seventy years prior is back.

And how at no point, did Diana or Steve say 'hey it's great that you're/I'm alive, but what about this poor guy who we've essentially killed for it'.

Nah, just make the dilemma that Diana is getting weaker and doesn't give a f**k about murdering an innocent person because her boyfriend of two weeks from seventy years prior is back.
Well he didnt get murdered, cause he returned back to his body at the end (he was the one talking to Diana in the Christmas bit)

But yeah, she essentially rapes him and possibly ruins his life and has zero guilt about it