What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

azzah72

Bench
Really?
I thought it was basic
I'd say I'm inbetween. I was enjoying it up to about two thirds in.

Then it went into cgi fest in the third act and lost me a bit. To be fair that's my criticism of just about every marvel and superhero movie in general these days but this one was up there with black panther and wonder woman that kind of wrecked the movie for me.

shiznit

Coach
The final Spider-Man trailer comes out 2moro… let’s see if it will finally unveil the worst kept secret in movies at the moment… 😂😂

shiznit

Coach
So a mate of mine watched the first two episodes of Hawkeye last week for his work…

he said he was surprised how good it was although he didn’t have high expectations.

he said it’s definitely more of a TV show feel but he said that’s not an insult these days as streaming TV shows have such high production value… he just said because the stakes aren’t universe or world altering it feels abit more down to earth than the last half dozen MCU projects.

From what he initially saw of Kate Bishop he liked… but says he thought this could be Renners best turn as Hawkeye if they keep going the way it started…

he mentioned that he liked how Renner was in a quandary about the world seeing him as Hawkeye the hero and the underworld seeing him as Ronin the assassin… he said it could be a good story but is worried they will overshadow it with the obvious strong Kate Bishop push they are doing …

Cheers for sharing shiz

Sounds like they are pulling heavily from Matt Fractions run on the Hawkeye comic. Hopfully the Euro Bro Mob make an appearance

azzah72

Bench
The more I see of Spiderman NWH, the more I think it's toeing the line of bombastic fun or a complete shambles and messy movie.

I really hope it's the former.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Venom Let there be Carnage.
Didn’t find it as good as the first Venom, which I only thought was ok. I just find it weird to have these movies as anti-hero when my thoughts are Venom should be a villain (not big on the comics so I’m not sure how they go).
The mid credits scene is worth watching this. Sets up some possibilities which I hope is delivered on soon.

Game_Breaker

Coach
First 2 episodes of Hawkeye weren't great
Obviously they're setting up the plotline but even then the story seemed laboured and character motivations seems forced. Hope it picks up

PJ

First Grade
Really?
I thought it was basic

I think that's being generous.

Martial arts fight scenes on the bus and the side of the building were great, the "twist" character intro mid film was fun but then kind of ruined with a ridiculous clearly meant to be cute creature, the sidekick was painfully unfunny. The hidden village and final fight was very reminiscent of Wakanda and the final battle was a boring cgi w@nk fest. Final end scene in credits was pretty predictable.

6/10 for me, daughter whose been to all the MCU films with me gave it a 2. Biggest positive was I didn't waste money on it.

Also proves Rotten Tomatoes is not be trusted.

shiznit

Coach
Spider-Man No Way Home killing it with the critics so far.

almost 80 reviews and sitting at 97% at RT.

sounds like they may have hit this one out of the park… can’t wait to catch it this weekend.

Frederick

Staff member
Spider-Man No Way Home killing it with the critics so far.

almost 80 reviews and sitting at 97% at RT.

sounds like they may have hit this one out of the park… can’t wait to catch it this weekend.
I've been rewatching all the Spiderman in the lead up. Only have TASM2 to go.

Tickets booked for Saturday, just gotta play covid keep away until then

shiznit

Coach
Hawkeye had a big reveal at the end…. Love that character!

that episode seriously got bogged down in too much nothing conversation… 45mins long and about 15mins of actual story… SMH

The story itself is f**king good… the problem I think is they have over stuffed it and I can’t see how they can wrap all these storyline’s up well.

unless they do like a 90min finale…

Last edited: