What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
3d is making a comeback
4DX or stay home.

So it turns out Little Miss Angry's husband does not like 4DX, but LMA does.

So suddenly I get invited with the bonus of being allowed to call him a pussy.

Win , Win.

Ant-Man Friday night and she pays!

gUt

Coach
Happily this issue doesn't seem to come up too much in this thread but I think this is a pretty even handed way of at least defining the problem of wokeness in entertainment

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm the direct opposite of you, I can't stand the Snyderverse movies (but I still went to see them so more fool me) so I'll have no problem if they use this to erase things, but, wasn't this filmed long before the new creative direction was decided on?
Well over a year ago, but there was massive reshoots with apparently Cavill and Gal Gadot. Now with the creative shift who knows if they’ll been in it. This movie has probably cost them around 300m so they’ll need almost a billion to break even.

Matua

Bench
Well over a year ago, but there was massive reshoots with apparently Cavill and Gal Gadot. Now with the creative shift who knows if they’ll been in it. This movie has probably cost them around 300m so they’ll need almost a billion to break even.
I think they'll be taking a loss on this. I don't think any of the DC movies outside of Aquaman have hit a billion.

Matua

Bench
Saw ant-man last night, MODOK is a dick
I saw it, I liked it, I was cracking up for most of it. Anyone not onboard with the CGI world Marvel isn't going to like it.

This is despite the fact I find the Kang actor to have the charisma of a post. He's getting hyped but in both this and Loki he's just a blank for me.

PJ

First Grade

Looks like a f**king BLAST!

reviews seem good too.

shiznit

Coach
Going to watch Guardians tonight… all the the talk is it’s awesome… and a fitting end to the Guardians trilogy.

PJ

First Grade
Going to watch Guardians tonight… all the the talk is it’s awesome… and a fitting end to the Guardians trilogy.
I'd read the reviews had it weakest of the 3.

shiznit

Coach
I'd read the reviews had it weakest of the 3.

Not to me…

Vol 1 was the best… but there’s no shame in that… it’s one of the best comic book films of all time IMO…

Without going to much into it and spoiling it… Vol 3 is 2nd IMO…. Better than Vol 2… it’s more emotional and because of that it feels like the stakes a higher than most of these films.

and Vol 2 was still a good film in its own right IMO…

Frederick

Staff member
Not to me…

Vol 1 was the best… but there’s no shame in that… it’s one of the best comic book films of all time IMO…

Without going to much into it and spoiling it… Vol 3 is 2nd IMO…. Better than Vol 2… it’s more emotional and because of that it feels like the stakes a higher than most of these films.

and Vol 2 was still a good film in its own right IMO…
I just finished vol 3 and agree with you. It's also the best Marvel movie since No Way Home

Frederick

Staff member
It's also a bloody shame for Marvel that they won't get to work with James Gunn anymore