What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cowboys chances

They are under the radar and prefer it that way but I would have given them more of a chance if the mcIntyre system is in play. The GF teams will come from the top 4 for sure.

If they ever make the top 4, look out.

mikkolos

Juniors
I can't see them winning one with Thurston in the team, as crazy as it sounds.

You can get away with it in regular season, but comes finals, Thurston is gonna have a massive bullseye on him, & lettuce be reality, he's all they got in attack.

The only way I can see them winning it is if their forwards dominate every finals matchj. Can't see that happening.

Thurston isn't really doing all that much for us this year. Bowen has been the focus of 90% of our attack. Once they are both both firing on all cylinders that is when we will be a huge threat.

Talanexor

Juniors
The thing that hurts us more than anything is the error rate.

Our defence is probably the best it has been in years - even then it's not wonderful, and dominant 80-minute defensive displays have not been a feature of our season so far.

But we have enough attack to point points on any team in the comp.

If we can hold onto the ball long enough to do that...

Mr Saab

Referee
I would like Thurston to win a ring (as a starting player and "the man") but the Cows struggle to win in Sydney

franklin2323

Immortal
That's what it comes down to. They need to win in Sydney to win the comp. For some reason they don't seem to be able to.

Last edited:

Allo

Juniors
I watch most of the footy shows on FOX and they barley ever talk about the Cowboys chances.
When they start to talk about the weekend games just played, they quickly brush over the Cowboys and start talking more in depth about the team they just played and their chances.
Listening to the experts, you wouldn't think the Cowboys are fighting for a top four spot.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
They have a terrific roster and should really be up there with Bulldogs, Storm, Manly and Souths however their defence is a few rungs below those teams. Henry coached sides just dont aim up in defence. When he was at the Raiders our defence was a huge issue as well. Still is obviously...

I don't understand this logic, if we're talking about defence then our points "against" is far better than souths and only just behind the sea eagles for the season so far? I know those teams have now played 1 game more than us but we are far from "a few rungs below".

Wizardman

First Grade
For a team with a lot of tools, it mystifies me on why they just can't do the business in Sydney.

I've always thought that they lack true belief in themselves. They need a kind finals game in round one to get that belief.

They are capable, but I have serious doubt over them making a dent in a finals match against any team there.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well, you did your best not to. Alas, you came up against a vastly superior unit when it comes to not winning games.

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont care who its against, scoring 32 points away from home at the business end of the season is ok by me. I think anyone who watched that game tonight would have seen a much improved Dragons outfit that seemed like they were playing with purpose (aside from the opening 15mins, perhaps). That wasnt the same lackluster Dragons that have been going around most of the year like they were just going through the motions, every last chance of making the finals hinged on them winning tonight and they showed up to play.

But the Cowboys cannot win in NSW, i suppose.