What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cowboys chances

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just watched their game v Sharks online. They scored 6 tries in a canter. If T.Sims can join Bolton,Segeyaro and Taumalolo on that bench, WOW!

Tamou was unbelievable today, getting very close to Matt Scott as the best front rower in the comp IMO.

Linnett and Tate run great lines and both wingers finish well.

BDR

First Grade
You aren't supposed to post results of delayed games in the main forum.

some11

Referee
I caught it on a stream from the UK.

Yes, they get it live on the other side of the world!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think the cows can do a fair bit of damage if they all turn up. In bowen and Thurston they are unpredicatable in attack and their centres in tate and linnett are very dangerous. they've got 2 Australian props and a good backrow.

however playing brisbane may not be the best thing for them first up given the intensity these two teams play against each other at. I expect if they dont get stage fright they'll win, but it will be interesting to see how much mentally it takes out of them

Charlie124

First Grade
When did cronulla get relocated to Queensland? Because the cowboys CANNOT WIN IN NEW SOUTH WALES.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith couldn't defend in 2003 too remember? 527 points conceded in the regular season, almost 100 more than the Cowboys this year.

Charlie124

First Grade
Charlie since we began we only have a 30% record away from home

I have always loved this ridiculous argument. We began in 1995 and were a rag-tag club made up of players three years past their prime and nobodies from nowhere, we were the whipping boys of the NRL for years and could barely win a f**king coin toss let alone a footy game.
So why the hell would win/loss stats dating back 18 years have anything to do with how they play now? Hell, you can go back to round 26 just a couple of years ago in 2010 and only find 5 or 6 players currently at the club.

You cant look to a clubs overall history as a guide to how the current players perform in certain areas. Recent history (the current season and possibly previous one) sure, but any further back then youre not even talking about the same players.

Just for the record, in 2012 our win/loss record is as follows.

HOME: Won 8, Lost 4
AWAY: Won 7, Lost 5

2011:

HOME: Won 9, Lost 3
AWAY: Won 5, Lost 7

So over the last 2 years our away record isnt bad at all, in fact Manly are only 2 away wins better than us over the course of those two years with W/L records of 7/5 for each year.

beave

Coach
I miss those early years............ 1995 was awesome............. Not only were we a reserve grade team transplanted up here, we were the stellar Gold Coast Seagulls reserve grade team (thanks for that Grant Bell).

They would have been better off just filling the team soley with lads from around NQ and giving it a shot instead of half locals and half have beens/never were's dregs from around the comp. 2 wins in a season was f**king soul destroying.

We did have a good jersey though........................

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
I think the Cowboys might just make it to the Grand Final... smash the Broncos, surprise elimination of Manly/Canterbury, sudden death win against Melbourne or Souths, and then a 50-50 chance against the other one of Manly/Canterbury in the Grand Final?

Sleep

Juniors
To go all the way it would really come in handy if they had Tariq Sims on board. When's he due back? I thought he was meant to be back before the finals started.