What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dragons Next Year

Jason Maher

Immortal
You're the one doing the revisionism if you think our 2010 pack were a bunch of plodders. It amuses me you still haven't gotten over 2010 despite winning last year.

You're the one doing the revisionism if you think our 2010 pack were a bunch of plodders. It amuses me you still haven't gotten over 2010 despite winning last year.

It amuses me that because I signed up with a reference to a player as a username that you think I support the Roosters.

Warriors fan*

(but Brett Morris was out and your forwards were - and still are - average)

Hutty1986

Immortal
It amuses me that because I signed up with a reference to a player as a username that you think I support the Roosters.

Warriors fan*

(but Brett Morris was out and your forwards were - and still are - average)

You're right, Morris was out. The other blokes who scored the several other tries on GF day were in though.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Just so I've understood this thread:

Because the Dragons scored 5 tries against one of the worst defensive teams in the comp (who had a forward playing in the centres), their backline are now all in line to become immortals?

Good spend of your $50....

Jason Maher

Immortal
Morris was clearly in. Get your glasses checked. And pick a username from a player on your own team next time. :p

Weyman = not a plodder
Costigan = not a plodder
Scott = not a plodder
Creagh = not a plodder
Smith = not a plodder
Young = not a plodder
Merrin = not a plodder
Fien = not a plodder
Saffy = a bit ploddy
Prior = plodder
Priddis = not a plodder
Green = plodder
Thorby = plodder
Emmett = plodder
Greenfield = plodder
Hunt = plodder, but was anythig but in 2010
Marketo = plodder
King = forever injured, but not a plodder

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
Morris was clearly in. Get your glasses checked. And pick a username from a player on your own team next time. :p

Weyman = not a plodder
Costigan = not a plodder
Scott = not a plodder
Creagh = not a plodder
Smith = not a plodder
Young = not a plodder
Merrin = not a plodder
Fien = not a plodder
Saffy = a bit ploddy
Prior = plodder
Priddis = not a plodder
Green = plodder
Thorby = plodder
Emmett = plodder
Greenfield = plodder
Marketo = plodder

Young not a plodder!! One of the biggest plodders of the past decade. He made Chris Leikvoll look electrifying.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I suggest you watch a few games of football sometime. Prior to his debilitating injury, he was a gun. After coming back when he had no right to, he was 110% pure starch. Classic cover defendig lock forward. Ran hard, tackled hard, and almost never missed one. Buggered if I know why Benny put him at hooker for 20 minutes each game. I guess our game plan was simple enough he couldn't really f**k it up.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I suggest you watch a few games of football sometime. Prior to his debilitating injury, he was a gun. After coming back when he had no right to, he was 110% pure starch. Classic cover defendig lock forward. Ran hard, tackled hard, and almost never missed one. Buggered if I know why Benny put him at hooker for 20 minutes each game. I guess our game plan was simple enough he couldn't really f**k it up.

I'm not so sure the poster you're directing that to has any idea about RL anyway

TheDalek079

Bench
We often see a bright young coach start well, then results fall drastically in the following season/s.

Jason Taylor, The bulldogs one (Moore?) and Freddy Fittler come to mind

Radical Rat

Juniors

Ironically you've just described the exact attributes of a great plodder.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We often see a bright young coach start well, then results fall drastically in the following season/s.

Jason Taylor, The bulldogs one (Moore?) and Freddy Fittler come to mind

bennett too... he's gone downhill dramatically since his last premiership..

_snafu_

Immortal

Sounds like he would carry out Price's half time instructions to a t.

Do Dragons fans rate Quinlan? Personally I think they have 2-3 better fullbacks at the club (Obviously the Dugan, as well as Beale and maybe even Morris) yet Mary plays him in the more important role. He's not a bad player but I find his constant selection there a little odd. Are they just short on centres?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
quinlan is a better playmaker than dugan or beale..

tough call, i would also like to see dugan back in the no.1 jersey as his kick returns are better...

but.. we've won more games with quinlan at the back (even under the coaching of he-who-shan't-be-named) in 2014 than with dugan there..

Ulysseus

Bench
Prior = plodder

That he was, but what a game to have your concord moment in eh?
Matty may have dished up pure shit in his final year but I will always shout his drinks for services rendered on the 03/10/2010
Ditto Saffy, no idea what the blokes doing these days but stood up in the one game that mattered.

Weyman = not a plodder
Costigan = not a plodder
Scott = not a plodder
Creagh = not a plodder
Smith = not a plodder
Young = not a plodder
Merrin = not a plodder
Fien = not a plodder
Saffy = a bit ploddy
Prior = plodder
Priddis = not a plodder
Green = plodder
Thorby = plodder
Emmett = plodder
Greenfield = plodder
Marketo = plodder

Weyman - Ordinary. Performances for NSW proved it.
Costigan - Gimmick player.
Scott - Good player.
Creagh - Good player at the time.
Smith - Good player.
Young - Ordinary.
Merrin - Ordinary.
Fien - Ordinary.

Come on. You had a f**king forward pack of mediocrity with the exception of 1 or 2 guys who were good but far from world beaters.

You won f**k all before Wayne. You won f**k all after Wayne. Wayne won you a premiership. Your pack was mediocre then and it remains mediocre now. Good coaching made your smorgasbord of underwhelming forwards a cohesive and effective force. For the most part, you were the Melbourne Storm of 2010, fielding Bryan Norrie and Jaiman Lowe level plodders.

You had an average forward pack by any honest measure and the refs rode you home. Merrin and Scott are the only players from your team who are still in the slightest bit relevant.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
when was the last time the warriors beat the ordinary dragons, just out of curiosity...?

BennyV

Referee
Weyman - Ordinary. Performances for NSW proved it.
Costigan - Gimmick player.
Scott - Good player.
Creagh - Good player at the time.
Smith - Good player.
Young - Ordinary.
Merrin - Ordinary.
Fien - Ordinary.

Come on. You had a f**king forward pack of mediocrity with the exception of 1 or 2 guys who were good but far from world beaters.

You won f**k all before Wayne. You won f**k all after Wayne. Wayne won you a premiership. Your pack was mediocre then and it remains mediocre now. Good coaching made your smorgasbord of underwhelming forwards a cohesive and effective force. For the most part, you were the Melbourne Storm of 2010, fielding Bryan Norrie and Jaiman Lowe level plodders.

You had an average forward pack by any honest measure and the refs rode you home. Merrin and Scott are the only players from your team who are still in the slightest bit relevant.

Lol you clown...you may have had half an argument up until that point...although Weyman and Fien were anything but ordinary in 2010.