What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Ok, here we go... these shouldn't be too hard

1) Who were the 3 Eels players sin-binned by Bill Harrigan in a game against Newcastle in 2002, and which player was sin-binned twice?

2) What injury led to Mick Cronin deciding to retire after the 1986 Grand Final win?

3) What do these Parra players have in common: Peter Peters, Ron Willey, Paul Dunn, Tim Mannah

1)Michael Buettner (twice) Nathan Hindmarsh and Adam Dykes
2)Eye Injury
3)All played in the front row

parra pete

Referee
I remember we tried to sign Adrian Toole in the late 80's but like many players around that time, they scoffed at the thought of coming to the club. :lol:

Did he sign? - or was the Club just trying to sign him. The questions surely have to be factual....

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
OK this should be an easy one.

1) From the current first grade squad, which player is eligible to play for Malta?

2) Which famous sports star played reserve grade for Parra after retiring?

3) What do the following have in common Brett Kenny, Bob O'Reilly, Vic Hey and Tim Mannah?

parra pete

Referee
I remember we tried to sign Adrian Toole in the late 80's but like many players around that time, they scoffed at the thought of coming to the club. :lol:

Did he sign? - or was the Club just trying to sign him. Did he retire before playing?
The questions surely have to be factual....
We tried to sign plenty of blokes..blokes like Junior Pearce.

Would a question like "Name the former Balmain international who signed a contract with Parramatta despite not playing a game for the Eels" be a suitable ask?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Did he sign? - or was the Club just trying to sign him. Did he retire before playing?
The questions surely have to be factual....
We tried to sign plenty of blokes..blokes like Junior Pearce.

Would a question like "Name the former Balmain international who signed a contract with Parramatta despite not playing a game for the Eels" be a suitable ask?

well for a start the question wasn't about Adrian Toole it was about nigal Tait and I'm sure Mickdo wouldn't have pulled the answer out of his ring hole if it wasn't true, he's not exactly a house hold name is he?

mickdo

Coach
OK this should be an easy one.

1) From the current first grade squad, which player is eligible to play for Malta?

2) Which famous sports star played reserve grade for Parra after retiring?

3) What do the following have in common Brett Kenny, Bob O'Reilly, Vic Hey and Tim Mannah?

1) Shackleton

2) Jeff Fenech

3) Thinking... :)

parra pete

Referee
Neigel Tait actually comes from Weethalle...and believe it or not I know him, and his brother Rodney, very well.He played many games on the Hay Park Oval as a kid (including a Reserve grade Grand Final) against Ivanhoe around 1978/79.
Neigel ended up coaching Tumbarumba in Group 13 (as it was in those days).
Good player Neigel. a bloody tough bastard from the Mallee Country. Matty Goodwin is another from Weethalle, as was Ross Louden. All three played first grade in NSWRL...
I must admit I don't recall Niegel signing to play with Parra. He played with the Bears up to 1988