What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

jono

Juniors
Back onto the trivia , the missing sixties real estate agent shares the same initials as the actor who played the non-simeon in "BJ and the Bear"

Gronk

Staff member
Gerry Edser

What position did he play? Looks like he'd be a bookend these days.

Gerry%20E-sml.jpg

http://www.ren.com.au/templates/ren_content.aspx?edit=false&pageID=352

jono

Juniors
I'm now curious to know what may become of "Fagangate- the case of the missing player number"

parra pete

Referee
Gerry was one of my favourite players of the sixties. A good bloke. Me and a few fanatical Parramatta mates used to go to training sessions at Cumberland Oval on Saturday mornings and got to know Gerry fairly well.
That was a long time ago and he wouldn't know me from a bar of soap now. I think he first worked at Farmers and Graziers Head Office Branch located in the City.
He has certainly put on a bit of pudden. Could be the 'see-saw' champion of Newcastle these days by the look of him....

jono

Juniors
So it`s:
1. Aaron Raper
2. Gerry Edser
3. Marty Fagan

So I guess because you're the first one to play strictly by Stagger's rules and answer all three correctly , you now take over.....
although to the letter of the law , you should also add that Raper's mishap occurred in 1997 and that he didn't get to play.
Nevertheless, OVER TO LINGARD

jono

Juniors
Forgot to mention , Gerry was marketing and sponsorship manager at the Knights for a number of years around 2000, and then resigned to take over a similar position with Newcastle United Soccer team

lingard

Coach
Thanks, Jono. I hope this one`s not too easy.
In round 12. 1986, Parramatta played Canberra at Parramatta Stadium. We were depleted of a number of players, including Mick Cronin, Peter Sterling, Brett Kenny and Paul Taylor - either through injury or the fact that they were playing in England. The question is this:

1. Who replaced Mick Cronin in the back-line?
2. Who replaced Brett Kenny at five-eight?
3. Which future first grader played fullback for reserves that day?

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Forgot to mention , Gerry was marketing and sponsorship manager at the Knights for a number of years around 2000, and then resigned to take over a similar position with Newcastle United Soccer team

Do you know Gerry? If so ask him if he remember the times I outlined in the thread..
I am pretty sure he worked at F and Gs...

jono

Juniors
Do you know Gerry? If so ask him if he remember the times I outlined in the thread..
I am pretty sure he worked at F and Gs...
Haven't seen him since about 2003, he sold me a sponsors box @ Marathon Stadium and then when he went to united , tried to get me to buy a box for their summer comp. Then he left there as well and I couldn't tell you what became of him. Sorry!