What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

Gronk

Staff member
2. Was also an official at the Knights in the late nineties and early noughties
3. Was prone to pick a pocket or two

He is a Romanian Gypsy who frequents Milan's Railway Station ? :-k

jono

Juniors
He is a Romanian Gypsy who frequents Milan's Railway Station ? :-k
When we travelled through Rome late last year we were warned about pickpocketting gypsies but that they dressed as everyday folk rather than the more commonly perceived earring, sash , bandana etc .
My six year spent our entire time in Italy asking me if every second person was a gypsy , and if they were gonna steal his iPod, or worse , steal HIM!

Stagger eel

Staff member
the answer to number 3 perplexes me greatly...if Marty Fagan made his fg debut with Sterlo in the 78 semi final, why wasn't his name listed in the players number list in 1978??

jono

Juniors
the answer to number 3 perplexes me greatly...if Marty Fagan made his fg debut with Sterlo in the 78 semi final, why wasn't his name listed in the players number list in 1978??
Sterlo made his first grade debut off the bench in the second round game v St George at Cumberland Oval. He made his run-on debut in that infamous semi-final replay.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sterlo made his first grade debut off the bench in the second round game v St George at Cumberland Oval. He made his run-on debut in that infamous semi-final replay.

ok, that being the case he still made his debut in 1978, Fagan's name doesn't appear in the players number list for that season or any season for that matter..the encyclopedia of rl players states that he did play 1 game but for the life of me the club hadn't listed his number..this could be a big error in the clubs part as all numbers need to be shifted to make way for him :lol:

mickdo

Coach
ok, that being the case he still made his debut in 1978, Fagan's name doesn't appear in the players number list for that season or any season for that matter..the encyclopedia of rl players states that he did play 1 game but for the life of me the club hadn't listed his number..this could be a big error in the clubs part as all numbers need to be shifted to make way for him :lol:

Oops! :p

Stagger eel

Staff member
just thinking about this a bit more, could the numbers be handed out to players who have started the game rather than those who came on as a replacement in the pre interchange days???

jono

Juniors

Jeez I hope I haven't opened up a can of worms with one simple trivia question!!!!!!!!