What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

parra pete

Referee
1) Why was the 1995 season so remarkable for Parra Stadium?

2) What is Ken Slattery's claim to fame at Parra?

3) Odd man out: Steve Sharp, Matt Keating, Brett Hodgson, Neil Hunt, Joe Galuvao

3...Steve Sharp...scored the first try at Parra Stadium.

or 3 Neil Hunt - Had a son play in a lower grade premiership at the Eels, and completed the father/son premiership double.
or 3. Joe Galuavo..only one to go to Manly
or 3 Matt Keating...only one to play first grade with his bro
or 3 Brett Hodgson..only one to be regular goal kicker.
Take your pick....

Last edited:

mickdo

Coach
3...Steve Sharp...scored the first try at Parra Stadium.

Er, no. How does that fit with odd man out?

or 3 Neil Hunt - Had a son play in a lower grade premiership at the Eels, and completed the father/son premiership double.

Again no.

or 3. Joe Galuavo..only one to go to Manly

No

or 3 Matt Keating...only one to play first grade with his bro

Ho hum. No.

or 3 Brett Hodgson..only one to be regular goal kicker.
Take your pick....

No

Let me give you some help. 4 of the players did something that the 5th did not, not the other way round. That's why it's called Odd Man Out.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Er, no. How does that fit with odd man out? ...

Did any of the others score first try? No....

Again no.

Have any of the others achieved that?

No

Have any of the others played with their bro at senior level

Ho hum. No.

Were the others goal kickers

No

Let me give you some help. 4 of the players did something that the 5th did not, not the other way round. That's why it's called Odd Man Out.
THATS WHY those mentioned are the odd men out!!!!

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Is it to do with statistics ? They are not something I can fit into my head..despite it being huge.....

parra pete

Referee
Steve Sharp...The other four enjoy Kellogg's Corn Flakes. Kellogg's advertise that Four out of five people enjoy Kelloggs Corn Flakes for breakfast. Steve, in this case is the fifth....

mickdo

Coach
Ok, seems everyone needs another hint for #3

It has to do with the team they first played against

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They all played their first Eels match against Canterbury, except Brett Hodgson who debuted against the Roosters in 2000.

parra pete

Referee
1. Penrith, parramatta, bulldogs, sydney tigers all played home games
2. has the lowest number of wins for a coach
3 They all played their first Eels match against Canterbury, except Brett Hodgson who debuted against the Roosters in 2000.

Call me Wally - as "In on the Grout" :lol:

mickdo

Coach
They all played their first Eels match against Canterbury, except Brett Hodgson who debuted against the Roosters in 2000.

You got it!

I think the listing of all 3 questions in order to win rule is stupid, so it's all yours...

parra pete

Referee
You got it!

I think the listing of all 3 questions in order to win rule is stupid, so it's all yours...

Now Micky, have a crack at the cryptic. You don't need an encyclopedia or the memory of an elephant to get them correct.....

Latest posts