What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

parra pete

Referee
Eric Cox....:lol: I know some funny stories about the late Eric. One particular - a punch up between him and John O'Toole at the NSW Leagues Club in Phillips Street after a NSW R. L meeting.
It would have made headlines if it happened in this era. I have plenty of time for John O'Toole.
When he was in charge of CRL with the late Clancy Kingston, the game was thriving in the bush. Different times, though, bring different circumstances.
I owe J O'Toole plenty for providing me with a good education in League administration, and to blokes like David Barnhill, Vic Byrnes and Warren Kimberley who were also fantastic mentors.
I will never forget those good times in sport.

BTW I think Ken Wilson is very close to being the correct answer to 2...or Bob Lanigan

sooty

Juniors
Eric Cox....:lol: I know some funny stories about the late Eric. One particular - a punch up between him and John O'Toole at the NSW Leagues Club in Phillips Street after a NSW R. L meeting.
It would have made headlines if it happened in this era. I have plenty of time for John O'Toole.
When he was in charge of CRL with the late Clancy Kingston, the game was thriving in the bush. Different times, though, bring different circumstances.
I owe J O'Toole plenty for providing me with a good education in League administration, and to blokes like David Barnhill, Vic Byrnes and Warren Kimberley who were also fantastic mentors.
I will never forget those good times in sport.

BTW I think Ken Wilson is very close to being the correct answer to 2...or Bob Lanigan

Your good Bob Lanigan is the man former newtown jet I believe and a good friend of both John Monie and Peter Louie. Handy goalkicker in his time. Stagger will hang me if not in correct format before I hand over the reigns

jono

Juniors
Happy to take the reins on the back of two correct answers and parra petes support!
Let's see now......
we'll go for a professional question.
All these players are from the 80's , all played first grade for Parra
1. Pharmacist
2. Optometrist
3. Doctor
Please name them and the year(s) they played for Parra

Latest posts