What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Everest

ebbedfred

Bench
Ben melham has jumped off she will reign. Can't make the weight.

Reckons he could make 52 but 51 too hard.

Sounds like she will reign is not going well enough to me.

Not the case, it is wholly about the weight. I can understand why people are writing her off given the record of Slipper winners, but her times in track work and her will to win is still there so I'm hoping she comes good as a 3 year old. But I'm biased on this one.

I can see why Chataqua and Redzel will be the ones to beat, but I think it's going to be exciting.

Sphagnum

Coach
Not the case, it is wholly about the weight. I can understand why people are writing her off given the record of Slipper winners, but her times in track work and her will to win is still there so I'm hoping she comes good as a 3 year old. But I'm biased on this one.

I can see why Chataqua and Redzel will be the ones to beat, but I think it's going to be exciting.
You got shares in her, mate? If so, all the best.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The curse of the Slipper winner goes back 20 years to Guinea's.

Not many of them have won a race let alone more group 1's.

ebbedfred

Bench
You got shares in her, mate? If so, all the best.
I don't but my old man does. It's been a great ride for him and the whole family, he's had shares in a few horses before and only ever dreamed about having one as good as her. I've never seen him so happy, he could talk all day about it.

I figure she's already over achieved given her price, anything from here is a bonus. Being there on Slipper day was one of the great days for him and all of us got to share in that. We still optimistic about the Everest, and I know some of the team involved in the training are very confident, but there are a seasoned group 1 winners so she'll need to be at her best.

Sphagnum

Coach
The curse of the Slipper winner goes back 20 years to Guinea's.

Not many of them have won a race let alone more group 1's.

Pierro
Miss Finland
Sepoy
Belle du jour
Forensics
Dance hero

The rest were all trash. Especially phelan ready who only won 1 more race from about 50 starts. I think he retired with about $4m in prize money. Plodder.

Edit: he actually won 2 more races. Open handicaps in Brisbane.

Forensics won the myer in 2008 but didn't back up on the emirates a week later because her arch nemisis was there.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pierro
Miss Finland
Sepoy
Belle du jour
Forensics
Dance hero

The rest were all trash. Especially phelan ready who only won 1 more race from about 50 starts. I think he retired with about $4m in prize money. Plodder.

Edit: he actually won 2 more races. Open handicaps in Brisbane.

Forensics won the myer in 2008 but didn't back up on the emirates a week later because her arch nemisis was there.

6 out of 20 not quite as bad as I thought.

Still a lot of plodders in that list.

Sebring probably could of if he had of raced on at 3.

Sphagnum

Coach
Deploy is in it up to its ears. It's early speed and fast splits might bring quite a few of these unstuck.

It means redzel and vega magic won't get away with the murder they have winning their most recent group 1s.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Deploy has earned his ticket in the race no doubt and I reckon he could possibly run a drum but it will still get windburn from the champ.

I know he finished 7th the other day but that was enormous, broke 11 seconds the last 4 furlongs that's ridic

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The Haynetrain is showing he is the most influential figure in the racing world with Deploy getting payed up for and Ventura Storm getting backed into odds on for every future race on the planet LOL