What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Everest

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Tulip is a good little filly but hardly a superstar.

Wants 1400 too imo, won’t be able to keep up in this.

What a waste of a spot

to_ddeath

Coach
What happened last week?

Oh that's right it belted Catauqua and beat English as well.

Tulip lol what a joke Ming you the race is a joke

Agree. Field is too small as well..needs at least 15 quality runners to get a true tempo.
Just another TJ Smith with more money up for grabs really.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think the Everest has at max another 2 editions to start drawing internationals or it will be on the scrapheap.

Its a great field of Aussie sprinters and the hype locally has been great but when you stop to smell the roses fact is the field is not really any different to any other big Grp1 sprint they could put together. Considering they are relying on increased turnover and sponsorship to pay for prize-money they need to keep the punters interested.

Next year all the gloss from it being a new concept will be gone, so unless they can show it has the potential to be a global event people will stop giving a f**k.

The worrying thing for mine is we not only didn't get any international horses, but no one internationally even bought a slot to show interest in it. The Aquis guy Houtzen is running for is based in HK but has businesses set up here so not including him.

Also agree 12 horses absolute minimum, I'd like to see 15-16+ but that won't happen unless we start getting overseas investors.

to_ddeath

Coach
I think the Everest has at max another 2 editions to start drawing internationals or it will be on the scrapheap.

Its a great field of Aussie sprinters and the hype locally has been great but when you stop to smell the roses fact is the field is not really any different to any other big Grp1 sprint they could put together. Considering they are relying on increased turnover and sponsorship to pay for prize-money they need to keep the punters interested.

Next year all the gloss from it being a new concept will be gone, so unless they can show it has the potential to be a global event people will stop giving a f**k.

The worrying thing for mine is we not only didn't get any international horses, but no one internationally even bought a slot to show interest in it. The Aquis guy Houtzen is running for is based in HK but has businesses set up here so not including him.

Also agree 12 horses absolute minimum, I'd like to see 15-16+ but that won't happen unless we start getting overseas investors.

Would be good to get the best of HK/NZ over for it. Not sure if the timing is ideal for them.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Would be good to get the best of HK/NZ over for it. Not sure if the timing is ideal for them.

I think HK/NZ should just be the start and I would expect near year we will need to at least get a couple to come over for it to at least show it has potential.

This race should be attracting Europe/Japan/US horses if its fair dinkum.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think HK/NZ should just be the start and I would expect near year we will need to at least get a couple to come over for it to at least show it has potential.

This race should be attracting Europe/Japan/US horses if its fair dinkum.

I said that a month ago. Whether you feel Carrivarro (or whatever its name is, the spelling) would have won it is beside the point. It needed to be running.

2 weeks

Coach
The interest from O/S is there, they just need to work out the logistics.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/new...on-the-agenda-for-blistering-bolttaash/303106

International campaign on the agenda for blistering 'Bolttaash'

France could be just the beginning for lightning-fast Abbaye winner Battaash, with trainer Charlie Hills eyeing a global campaign next year for his sprint sensation who has new golden shoes to match his speed.

Given the speed in which he covers five furlongs, it can be a case of blink and you miss Battaash, but he was easy to spot on Sunday sporting his natty copper shoes.

"Usain Bolt can have them, so why not him?" Hills joked. "We call him Bolttaash now."

The snazzy shoes are set to stay, and with Battaash having taken his first trip abroad in his stride, Hills is now eyeing targets further afield for the son of Dark Angel, who could become the yard's first global moneyspinner, with targets including the Everest in Australia in October next year.

30248-max.jpeg

The three-year-old's four-length demolition job of his rivals down the straight at Chantilly was a sight to behold, as he careered away from the field under Jim Crowley to claim a first Group 1.

It was a display of controlled aggression and pace, as opposed to his run in the Nunthorpe at York, where he boiled over beforehand and could only finish fourth.

"He took it all really well, obviously we didn't want a repeat of York," Hills said on Tuesday.

"He was stabled in a different yard the night before and came over to the course at around 10am. It was a great day, he's got so much ability and raw speed."

Well-behaved at home, Battaash gets his game face on when at the track. Hills said: "He's very chilled out, like a pet. He goes out with the string no problem, it's just his blood gets up when he's out on course."

Battaash is set to return to action next year and Hills said: "There's lots of money abroad and there's plenty of races to look at like the Everest in Australia."

Having been gelded to help concentrate his mind on racing, Battaash's value lies in winning races, and he could go to Meydan for the Al Quoz in March before the King's Stand at Royal Ascot next year, and Hills is confident he will be even better at four.

The trainer said: "He'll definitely improve next year, I've never seen a horse with so much speed on the gallops. He'll go back to Shadwell now for a break, and then we'll look to have him back in around Christmas."

WaznTheGreat

Referee
All European major sprints are on straight track courses so no matter how good they are they won't come here and win the Everest around the bend against our horses,I can't recall any Euro sprinter ever winning the Hong Kong Sprint or Breeders Cup Turf Sprint around a bend either so i don't like there chances even if they did come.

lockyno1

Post Whore
All European major sprints are on straight track courses so no matter how good they are they won't come here and win the Everest around the bend against our horses,I can't recall any Euro sprinter ever winning the Hong Kong Sprint or Breeders Cup Turf Sprint around a bend either so i don't like there chances even if they did come.

Might be true but would just add to the race regardless. Wouldn't matter if they are as much chance as Exoplod in Flemington, they still would be better than Tulip! Dead set how is that hopeless turkey in the race!