What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FFB book club

DownUnder

Coach
newtownbluebags said:
right now it's "The History of Rugby League Clubs" by Ian Collis & Alan Whiticker....great book!

I saw that in a bookshop not to long ago, almost bought it too.

Crusher

Coach
I've just started reading 'Cronulla - The Glory Years'.

Actually.... just finished it now.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
9d_9.JPG

is what im reading.

And Bazal... 'Swarm' sounds like 'Prey'

8948120.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
9d_9.JPG

is what im reading.

And Bazal... 'Swarm' sounds like 'Prey'

8948120.jpg

Haven't read "Prey", what's it about? I'm a big Crichton fan actually, loved the Jurassic Park books, "Eaters of the Dead" and "Congo"...I would recommend "The Swarm", it's a bit brainier and uses a lot of real science stuff, whilst still being a very good story...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
exactly that Bazal, Prey uses alot of real science stuff > focusing on Nanotechnology. But its a thriller in its own right, i certainly found it an entertaining read.

Bazal

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
:badgrin: :fist:

well bazal have you read that book?

I have a long trip to Noosa ahead of me in a few weeks, will buy it to keep me occupied for the trip...

Phillips

Referee
everyone needs to read 'the tomorrow series' by john marsden

theres about 5 or more books in the series, and another edition has come out this yr

great read

Bazal

Post Whore
7 books actually, and the third and last of the Ellie Chronicles came out just the other week...damn good books...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
thanks NBB

and the tommorow series are indeed a good read, the Ellie Chronicles... ive only read the first one the next 2 any good?

Bazal

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
thanks NBB

and the tommorow series are indeed a good read, the Ellie Chronicles... ive only read the first one the next 2 any good?

I thought Marsden tried to cram a bit too much into the second one but the third is a damn good book...

Latest posts