What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fielden Smokescreen

schnitzel

Juniors
My gut tells me Fielden is basically signed, sealed and delivered, but everyone is denying it because he is playing in the Tri-Nations. The Poms don't want any negative media around the bloke while he is playing so well. Canberra are also denying it and will announce the signing when the tournament ends in two weeks. Why else would the club shed players like McLinden to free up salary cap when there's no one left on the market? Why was Davico allowed to leave with barely a whimper? This has been in the works for a while I reckon and the truth will be revealed soon.

jed

First Grade
That's a very interesting theory schnitzel, but as optimistic as I am trying to be, I still can't quite bring myself to believe it.

woodgers

Bench
I totally agree with you. Besides that, I really like the taste of Schnitzel so I think you are bang on the mark.

The Colonel

Immortal
Its either a smokescreen or Fielden and the Raiders have no intention of coming together. I hope for Canberra's sake its a smokescreen.... There just appears to be a lack of the rumour and innuendo that would accompany such a signing. :?

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
But he was re signed by Bradford......I think its Raiders fans in denial and wanting a big signing, note if we got him...and Weyman had more luck with injuries, well our NSW prop may be sitting on the bench :D

However I am not even giving it a thought, fans here will be angry at the coach and management for not signing him, if it stands that we won't sign him despite them telling us it was never on.

legend

Coach
I agree with the weiner man that the Fielden deal is done and once the Tri nations are over, he'll be haeading to Canberra for a taste of real footy.

thickos

First Grade
legend said:
I agree with the weiner man that the Fielden deal is done and once the Tri nations are over, he'll be haeading to Canberra for a taste of real footy.

I applaud your optimism legend and schnitzel, but what are you basing this confidence on???

I'm too scarred from the events of this season to get my hopes up.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Considering he has signed this year with Bradford, do you think this is putting hope into a hopeless cause, I mean I would love to have Stuart Fielden he is close to the best prop in the world but honestly there is nothing which points him in our direction

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
I've been thinking alot about our team latley and what our buy's mean, I won't ever believe we have got Fielden until I see it on the Raiders site. Another thing is about J Smith, Elliott said he wanted some experience to help Carney into second grade and we signed him for one year only so that say's to me that Carney is going to play alot in 2005. If he doesn't then why sign some guy who is past his best (probably) for one year? Thats my theory on how much game time in first grade Carney will get. I hope I'm right.

legend

Coach
I heard an interview with Elliott after Joel, Ruben and Luke left and Hadley asked him about Fielden. He denied it and attributed the rumour to this website ( 8) ) but the way he said it had me thinking this was all a smokescreen and he wanted throw everyone off the scent as to not drive up the price.

Then there was a rumour a few weeks back about Fielden doing a lap of honour after the ESL grand final.

Having a year to run on your contract these days means absolutely nothing. They aren't worth the price of the paper they were written on.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
legend said:
I heard an interview with Elliott after Joel, Ruben and Luke left and Hadley asked him about Fielden. He denied it and attributed the rumour to this website ( 8) ) but the way he said it had me thinking this was all a smokescreen and he wanted throw everyone off the scent as to not drive up the price.

Then there was a rumour a few weeks back about Fielden doing a lap of honour after the ESL grand final.

Having a year to run on your contract these days means absolutely nothing. They aren't worth the price of the paper they were written on.
I am sure Fielden signed a NEW contract earlier in the year running to 2007.....when the rumour first came up and died

azza

Juniors
Of course you say all this without any inside information?

I am hardly hopeful he will be signed, precisely because it would the cleverest thing our current management has done and I doubt they are capable of it. If they pull it off I will applaud them for sure but right now Hawkins has categorically said he won't be here in 2005 and I'm taking that on face value.

Raider Ultra

Bench
It would appear something is going on. I've learnt never to get any sort of expectation though supporting the Raiders and Palace. If he signs, I'll be over the moon, if he doesn't, I won't be too surprised.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh im not getting my hopes up...
but it would be great... he would be a huge asset to our team

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
lol the reason alot of players where let go is simple...we have some the stupidest people running our team..

well its that or there trying to sign some of our guys next year since alot are off contract or there gonna try and get a big name star next season.

dam I just want the volcano back....

Latest posts