What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Finals-2024

Gareth67

First Grade
Apparently I am the odd man out here , however the Doggies did get into the finals and you cannot take that away from them .

As much as it hurts to say , they were a more composed side than our boys throughout the season and deserved their place . On the other hand our boys fell to pieces when the pressure was applied , hence why we are watching other teams go round and not our own .

I have disliked the Dogs since the day of the forward pass in the ‘67 final that gave the Canterbury Bankstown team the winning try , thus ending the run of the great Saints teams of that era . However you need to give credit where credit is due - they had a place in the 2024 semi-finals and unfortunately our boys did not . 🤔

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Apparently I am the odd man out here , however the Doggies did get into the finals and you cannot take that away from them .

As much as it hurts to say , they were a more composed side than our boys throughout the season and deserved their place . On the other hand our boys fell to pieces when the pressure was applied , hence why we are watching other teams go round and not our own .

I have disliked the Dogs since the day of the forward pass in the ‘67 final ending the run of the great Saints teams of that era . However you need to give credit where credit is due - they had a place in the 2024 semi-finals and unfortunately our boys did not . 🤔
But it was still great to see them lose the way they did...

rasaint

Juniors
Dragsters take your point about ‘never had me’. I can assure you no candle for Dogs being carried by me. I have felt they have been overhyped in recent weeks and even today commentators were death riding Manly and talking up Dogs all game. It seemed as though they have been getting some slack from refs around lying over people and slowing the ruck speed.

Remembering they have bought Kickau, Burton, Chricton Ado Carr so their squad is strong. I guess Phil Gould may be negotiating for Liam Martin and Moses Leota to join Dogs next year so Ciraldo might get them past a finals game.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is a panther:

1726403542424.jpeg

A fierce, fighting machine. Tears its opposition to shreds.

This is what you get when you try to turn a panther into a bulldog:

1726403631298.jpeg

Clearly not the same.