What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Is that one guess or two Moffo?nah mate, both are wrong. :D

You guys are gunna kick yourselves. Its really not that hard.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think he did Moffo but the answer isnt that obscure. We're talking about first grade / first class competition.

O

ozbash

yes sir.
he scored a few,
32 soo matches, 161 points
42 total games for qld,239 points..
thats not even looking at his inters.
a true champ.

Ramit54

Juniors
Who am I?
When I was chosen to tour NZ with the 1971 Australian Team, I became the youngest player to wear the green and gold. I was 18 years and 178 days old when I played in the first of my two games on that short tour. 12 months earlier I was captain of my club's Jersey Flegg team. I played 7 Test matches.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Is that 24' x 8' ?
I think it is.... well done Tigertread.

btw, re Geoff Starling. I still find myself thinking of him as being 'young Geoff Starling' - this being because that how he was repeatedly decribed at the time and the description just stuck in my mind.
I thinkyoung Geoff must be over 50 years old and a fair whack older than me. :D

Over to you :)

Ramit54

Juniors
Geoff Starling was a brilliant footballer, but his career was cut short with a severe illness. At the time they said it was hepatitis. He was in his early 20s when he retired. He toured with the Kangaroos in 1973 to England and France and also played in the World Cup in 1972. He is 49.

The State Championship was a secondary competition conducted in NSW in1939, 1941, 42, 44and1945. It never achieved any real popularity among fans. Who won the State Championship in it's final year?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think it was called Addisons disease which attacked the muscles and led to weight loss...but I don't know anything else about it and I think its pretty rare.

Newtown won the State Championship in 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts