What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont understand why Slater is on the show. He is CLUELESS when it comes to league talk. I hope he just throws to the breaks and introduces segments because if he gets involved in talking about league then it will be very annoying.
It would be like Peter Sterling being on a cricket show and disecting the batting techniques of Phil Hughes and Michael Clarke

Hutty1986

Immortal
I reckon there's plenty of laughs to be had at Mario Fenech's expense. Maybe do some skits with him getting covered in flour or a few pies at the face or something.

gUt

Coach
I have a few contacts in the industry and they've leaked me Mario's script for episode 1:

Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! F- Fat. Fat! This is gold Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat! Listen Fat! Fat, Fat? Good television Fat! Fat! F-Fat. This is gold Fat! Fat! Wait Fat! Fat! Fat!

Big Pete

Referee
Slats is a very interesting addition.

As long as he just minds his business and hosts I think he'll be a decent addition. I still don't think it will be enough to save the show but it will be an improvement.

What they really need to do is transition the show into a new era. Introduce new panelists & personalities and stop playing it so safe. The Footy Show was what it was because it was crude & took a fun light hearted look at the game. These days it's just filled with one note ex-players who don't watch enough games to even talk about it let alone derive any witty material out of it.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I reckon there's plenty of laughs to be had at Mario Fenech's expense. Maybe do some skits with him getting covered in flour or a few pies at the face or something.

Sounds fresh. I like it. Mixing it up and trying something original can't hurt.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Slats is a very interesting addition.

As long as he just minds his business and hosts I think he'll be a decent addition. I still don't think it will be enough to save the show but it will be an improvement.

What they really need to do is transition the show into a new era. Introduce new panelists & personalities and stop playing it so safe. The Footy Show was what it was because it was crude & took a fun light hearted look at the game. These days it's just filled with one note ex-players who don't watch enough games to even talk about it let alone derive any witty material out of it.

Very, very well said mate.

gronkathon

First Grade
Is there a chance there will be a bald fellow there?? Maybe one whose head looks a little like the top of a roll on deoderant bottle. Shenanigans would surely follow

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Is there a chance there will be a bald fellow there?? Maybe one whose head looks a little like the top of a roll on deoderant bottle. Shenanigans would surely follow

Stop it! STOP IT!!!!!!!!

I'm crying you bastards. My ribs and cheeks are aching and my knee is red raw from being slapped so hard.

Great stuff. Just great stuff.

Why can't they do just do all these things?

Come on 9. Do It.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Left field. Boom. Coming your way. All of the hosts, plus a crazy roller-coaster, let's call it.. "the vomitron." Those guys.. ON the Vomitron!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Original, but it'll never work!

We don't get the footy show till after midnight so I rarely watch it, is this a good thing or bad thing? Seems people are critical of it but given it is one of the few shows left I guess we should be grateful for small mercies?

Von

Juniors
The addition of Michael Slater is an attempt ro replicate The AFL Footy Show's effort with James Brayshaw. Brayshaw played cricket for SA & WA but has proven himself very knowledgable with AFL and has since become quite well respected.

Having heard Slater on the radio talk about League, I'm sure he'll do the same.

Shame he's a Manly fan.

some11

Referee
Prediction:

After the first show everyone will say how shit it is then someone will say "if you don't like it then don't watch it" followed by "the last time I watched it was back in..."

Latest posts