What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Prediction:

After the first show everyone will say how shit it is then someone will say "if you don't like it then don't watch it" followed by "the last time I watched it was back in..."

True. Its like watching an episode of the footy show.

You already know whats going to happen.

undertaker

Coach
Dont understand why Slater is on the show. He is CLUELESS when it comes to league talk. I hope he just throws to the breaks and introduces segments because if he gets involved in talking about league then it will be very annoying.
It would be like Peter Sterling being on a cricket show and disecting the batting techniques of Phil Hughes and Michael Clarke

Is it my imagination or not that Sterlo did actually commentate some test matches during the 1993/94 season?

undertaker

Coach
The addition of Michael Slater is an attempt ro replicate The AFL Footy Show's effort with James Brayshaw. Brayshaw played cricket for SA & WA but has proven himself very knowledgable with AFL and has since become quite well respected.

Having heard Slater on the radio talk about League, I'm sure he'll do the same.

Shame he's a Manly fan.

...much like Damien Flemming being on some of the AFL shows on Fox and Ian Smith (former NZ wicketkeeper) commentating in All Blacks and Super Rugby matches in NZ.

undertaker

Coach
Btw, I think THIS WEEKS footy show will rate well off the back of the Knights/Dragons match (which I think will get close to 500k in Sydney). It will get its highest ratings for quite some time. How the ratings will be in the following weeks remains to be seen...

eozsmiles

Bench
The addition of Michael Slater is an attempt ro replicate The AFL Footy Show's effort with James Brayshaw. Brayshaw played cricket for SA & WA but has proven himself very knowledgable with AFL and has since become quite well respected.

Having heard Slater on the radio talk about League, I'm sure he'll do the same.

Shame he's a Manly fan.

Brayshaw is the president of North Melbourne football club. His AFL credentials are solid.
I like Slater and hope he goes well.

Von

Juniors
To be honest, Brayshaw has led them back from a potential dead-end move to the Gold Coast, to now a secure future in Melbourne.

juanfarkall

Coach
Btw, I think THIS WEEKS footy show will rate well off the back of the Knights/Dragons match (which I think will get close to 500k in Sydney). It will get its highest ratings for quite some time. How the ratings will be in the following weeks remains to be seen...
Considering the match is on 1 hour delay into Qld, it will not rate as well as it could but it's not like Nein cares about Rugby League.

docbrown

Coach
To be honest, Brayshaw has led them back from a potential dead-end move to the Gold Coast, to now a secure future in Melbourne.

I'm sure the Ballarat Kangaroos are happy for your vote of confidence.

Brayshaw at least is now the president of a club. His knowledge of AFL is just as good as his cricket knowledge.

I can't stand Slater calling the cricket - he carries on too much about certain players and his calling at times is cringeworthy. Slater won't add much to the program - lets face it, they need people to tune in, not turn off.

It won't make any difference- the shows ratings will continue to decline

TheDalek079

Bench
slater? no no no no no

if you want to fix the footy show, make it the Freddy Fittler Footy Show. That'd be incredible. And get rid of Benji and Beau.

nqcowboy87

Bench
slats:?

the thing that annoys me is as much as i love fat that face that he pulls in the ad where they parody the julia gillard thing basically sums up his contribution to the show hes just an idiot, and its getting increasingly hard to defend him. having said that and i understand the irnoy of it but i dont think i could watch the show without him

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
looking forward to an in depth analysis of the season, goign through the player movements and .......yeah i know they won't talk about footy

Latest posts