What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show...another Year of Steamers

QldRabbit

Juniors
I don't know why i do it to myself but i sat down last night to watch the opening season of the Footy Show. Smart,witty,imformative,Cutting edge, Innovative, Creative etc are all words that elude this annual pile of fresh steamers. Same crap week in week out year after year. Going going Gone, Beat the Boys, Dare Devil Dudes, Anti Ads, same guests same crap. Sterlo and the Fat are past there used by date, why can't Nine put together an imformative NRL show, oh that's right the free to air rights are been run by a back of freashly laid stools. Maybe they should play 10-15 min highlighyt packages with some inteligent insight on all the previous weekend games and a run down of the up and coming weeks match's instead of this stale crap-a-thon that is like watching Beverly Hills 90210 repeats. Pull your head in Nine and get this waste of space of the tele. Someone needs to walk into Packers office and lay a cable on his desk, with a sign attched "Watch this for an hour and a half and see how you feel!"

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The 2 Sunday rugby league programs sound appealing. As for the footy show no one makes you watch it. I can't stand soapies but they remain popular. I would be bashing my head against a wall demanding the networks drop them.

wittyfan

Referee
I switched over at the end of The Amazing Race for a peek and saw Craig McLaughlan trying to do stand up comedy. Shocking. Really shocking.

nqboy

First Grade
Someone needs to walk into Packers office and lay a cable on his desk, with a sign attched "Watch this for an hour and a half and see how you feel!"
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But really, if you haven't learned not to watch TFS (That f**ked Show) by now, we can't help you and you don't deserve any sympathy.

wittyfan

Referee
It will be interesting to see how it rated last night. If it got over 300,000 in Sydney it would be a miracle.

QldRabbit

Juniors
Brisbane missed the comedy from Craig McLachlan as it showed a 10 minute Bris segment, was it really that bad?

Mr Saab

Referee
QldRabbit said:
Brisbane missed the comedy from Craig McLachlan as it showed a 10 minute Bris segment, was it really that bad?

i would rather watch 7 days of re runs of the western reds vs the rams in 1997 than watch craig do comedy.

Cupid Stunt

Craig sucked but it was well worth the watch to hear the crowd give it him. What could be more embarrassing than being booed off stage on live national TV while promoting your new show. :clap:

MattJ

Juniors
Like every year i watched the 1st episode outta excitment as its another sign the RL season is on us again.... i had changed channel before the end of the steve irwin skit.
This show doesnt promote league at all, it degrades it. The sunday show is called the footy show for good reason, its about footy, therefore the thursday night show should be called the bullshit show.
Either way, the fox footy show craps all over either of channel 9's formats, its a shame footy fans that only have free too air tv dont get to share in a real football program.
I agree the work they do raising money for charities like the childrens hospital and so forth is nice, but really, couldnt that be done wothout all the brainless crap and atleast half the show dedicated too football rlated issues?

black_dot

Juniors
There was an aweful silence as Craig began and kept going with very unfunny material and no comedic timing at all. Eventually, one yob yelled what everyone was thinking...." Get him off ! " and the place erupted. Craig stood there mute as the crowd chanting " off, off, off , off ! " he eventually made some half baked wise crack about telling his brother he wished he wouldn't come and embarrass him tonight, then said do you want more footy ? everyone cheered as he walked off.

Very Very painful to watch !

Once Dead

Bench
Dude, why does McLachlan even try? Honestly.....very unfunny.....i would love to see the reception he gets on the comedy tour

lolesi

First Grade
Its a comedy show, do not watch it expecting much football, if you do, watch sundays show.
Honestly you would of realised this by now, so stop complaining and watch it for what it is worth, a comedy.
Its there to give you a few laughs and go into issues with players normally of the field.

You blokes sound so stupid when you complain about it. Have a look at what it is there for and then have a look at your comments.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
It was the first time i was actually embarressed to be a Rugby League supportor.

All i can say it;s going to be a looooooong year for the 9 boys............

Choppies

Coach
who cares.

I dislike the show and i dont watch it.

I will onyl swith on again if it has some decent footy contest.

and please Reg is old now give it a rest.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ive said it once and ill say it 1000 times more if need be
I dispise AFL but i watched their footy show last night and if their footy show doesnt shit all over ours from high above then ill eat my hat. They manage to combine humour, footy talk, bit of controversy and Trev at the bar is continueally chiming in with witty jabs at the Panel, Eddie and Sam

If ours was half as good as theirs id be happy #-o

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
Didn't watch it, don't intend to.

Tony

You missed the great part. :roll:

Chief doing a bungee jump from 134 metres up.

The others didn't take long to jump, but it took the screaming sook 3 friggen hours.

Wish the others had a pair of scissors & they cut the cord. :lol:

Now that would have been great TV viewing. :lol:

Jordan

Juniors
heh.. what about the Queensland segment.. Webcke seemed pretty robotic in front of camera.. Needs a bit more practice I think :lol:

Ah well, at least there was discussion about rugby league for a change...

Raider_69 said:
ive said it once and ill say it 1000 times more if need be
I dispise AFL but i watched their footy show last night and if their footy show doesnt sh*t all over ours from high above then ill eat my hat. They manage to combine humour, footy talk, bit of controversy and Trev at the bar is continueally chiming in with witty jabs at the Panel, Eddie and Sam

If ours was half as good as theirs id be happy #-o

I agree. When I was in Victoria on holidays I was exposed to their show and experienced what it is to them, and it lives up to it's name... "The Footy Show"!

On a different angle look take their audience as an example - they sit there silently, listening to every word from the panel as they talk in depth and argue about matters of the game.
Compare them to ours...
Half of our audience probably wouldn't know how many points you get for a try let alone who's playing on the weekend. Of course they're only reacting to what's being dished up in front of them, if the show focussed on football they'd draw a different audience. Talk footy and give the real fans something worth watching (and i'm sure it would rate better as well).