What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show...another Year of Steamers

lolesi

First Grade
Maroubra Shark said:
lolesi said:
Its a comedy show, do not watch it expecting much football, if you do, watch sundays show.
Honestly you would of realised this by now, so stop complaining and watch it for what it is worth, a comedy.
Its there to give you a few laughs and go into issues with players normally of the field.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Id hardly call Craig Mclachlan comedy :lol:
Maybe when the crowd booed him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was funny, haha but listen, all you have done is whinge and cry, get over it you idiot, understand that its not really about Football, if you keep watching it for that content, you will get let down each week, so maybe dont watch it?
Not hard you fool.

It's written by bogans, performed by bogans who have all the humour of a 737 flying a plane into the World Trade Centre and aimed at and watched by people who don't go to games, are new fans and/or chicks who wouldn't have a clue about rugby league. They have 2 ex players from that hovel of a coalfield so as to ensure 300,000 people equating to 600,000 heads watch it every week. End of story. Bet it rates the house down in Newcastle, Penrith and the Shire

Mr Saab

Referee
footy show only rated 300k...lost to both ch10 and ch7...this will happen all yr if they dont get their act together.
Footyshow have poorer writers than the WWE

Charlie Saab said:
footy show only rated 300k...lost to both ch10 and ch7...this will happen all yr if they dont get their act together.
Footyshow have poorer writers than the WWE

A least they can act better than the World Wanker of Entertainment

PAcker must be thrilled it managed to beat SBS and the ABC and it was a show when everyone should be keen to watch anything footy related. Nine will change the format shortly i dare say. I can already hear the howls of protest from penrith and newcastle that this sophisticated humour could be on the way out

t-ba

Post Whore
aids said:
those new bronos adds were pretty funny

"i hate those melbourne players:"

those were decent adds and will no doubt assist game awareness. It'd be good if the Sydney Clubs could pool thier resources together to advertise Metropolitan area matches every week on television.

The Footy Show needs to shape up. It's RL's representation in prime time and has no doubt contributed to the sports boofhead image.

Riddell

Juniors
Some parts of the footy show can be funny occasionally but its way too long. i mean at least cut it to an hour. it drags on and i alwayz turn it off about 10:30. one thing i do disagree with most of the people here is that i do like the crew that are currently on the show. they hav got girds back this year which is good but some of the things they do are very very unfunny. i mean last nights steve irwin thing was pathetic. HOwever the footy show dvd is a great laugh which shows the show has it good times sometimes also

Big Mick

Referee
New Format, More footy.

PANEL:
Andrew Ettinghausen
Peter Sterling
Wayne Pearce
Ryan Girdler
Matthew Johns

All know a lot about league. Piss off Fatty, the guy is a turd, and Chief has about as much personality as a door knob.

Kaz

junior
aids said:
those new broncos adds were pretty funny

"i hate those melbourne players:"

I think they are funny.

Have you seen the Norma/NRMA ad. :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Chad Randall did a great job as Guest host last year, perhaps he could replace boring Chief.

Quigs

Immortal
I detest the show, and have not watched it in years......but and I mean but. I am the type of bloke that gives binge drinking a bad name. Well I was propped up against the local bar looking down the bottom of me schooner glass (yes some of us still drink schooners in QLD) when those idiots appeared on the big screen in the bar. Out of about 20 people two actually laughed but the general concensus was that the show is crap, was crap and will continue to be crap. Do what they did to the Bradford Hooker, totally ban em for two years.

Anti ad segments...... crikey, how original.......they used to have segments like that on the Mavis Brampton Show..... don't remember it, ask your grandfather. They were funny then. That was bloody 35 years ago.

Next original thing they will have will be Fatty with a stuffed pink ostrich as his sidekick.

Cheers
Quigs

Ghoulies

Bench
Big Mick said:
Wayne Pearce

Would be great for Nine but he's already contracted as a commentator for Fox.

Its a shame because it seems all the good footballing brains have been locked up with Pay TV, depriving the average fan of any decent expert opinions/commentary.

greeneyed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
if the Footy Show had some eviction segment, where one of the guys from the panel gets voted out each week, you'd probably all be raving about how good it is. i can't believe you guys criticise the Footy Show then rave about how mad these f***ed up shows like Amazing Race and the Survivor are. get a life.

Kris, actually this suggestion is GENIUS. Let the public vote out the commentators one by one..... and then let them vote in new ones!!!!!!!

Absolute, incredible insight...... GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t-ba

Post Whore
sullyfan said:
Chad Randall did a great job as Guest host last year, perhaps he could replace boring Chief.

It's not like he'll be playing NRL matches this year so it might work out...

Latest posts