What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show...another Year of Steamers

Snoop Shark

First Grade
lolesi said:
Its a comedy show, do not watch it expecting much football, if you do, watch sundays show.
Honestly you would of realised this by now, so stop complaining and watch it for what it is worth, a comedy.
Its there to give you a few laughs and go into issues with players normally of the field.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Id hardly call Craig Mclachlan comedy :lol:
Maybe when the crowd booed him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

McLovin

Staff member
I agree with Raider69.

I cant stand watching AFL for extended periods of time but their footy show is so much better than the NRLs...

Whilst the show was it's usual pathetic self, I've gotta say I thought Craig McLachlan(however it's spelt) was hilarious... I didn't think someone could make dying on stage look so funny! "Boo... get him off!" :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rooster Cogburn. said:
How bad was that live anti-ad. Embarrasing. :oops:

yea i flicked over during an Amazing Race ad and caught it, it was terrible
and the poor chick from the crowd that was dragged into that debarcle.
She'll never live that down...

Raider_69 said:
ive said it once and ill say it 1000 times more if need be
I dispise AFL but i watched their footy show last night and if their footy show doesnt sh*t all over ours from high above then ill eat my hat. They manage to combine humour, footy talk, bit of controversy and Trev at the bar is continueally chiming in with witty jabs at the Panel, Eddie and Sam

If ours was half as good as theirs id be happy #-o

You won't be bored by the first 10 minutes of the AFL Show.

I lived with 10 or 12 years of the AFL footy and you would like the NRL footy show.

Eddie McGuire- Not Funny and has hemoroids on hes lips from kissing mr Packer

Sam Newman is a arrogant bastard on and off the Camera.

and Trev is also a Arsehole off the Camera.

If you don't like the Thursday Footy Show, you have Sunday and stop whinging.

eelandia

Juniors
Maybe it's the Paul Hogan type humour, but I don't mind the footy show. It seems alot of you have a gripe against Fatty and co for whatever reason because every year you whinge about the footy show. I'd imagine by Saturday night there will be the same suspects having a whinge about 2GB as well..??

As mentioned many times, the real footy show is on Sundays - maybe you should compare the AFL Footy show with that..??

[/quote]

Kris_man

Bench
if the Footy Show had some eviction segment, where one of the guys from the panel gets voted out each week, you'd probably all be raving about how good it is. i can't believe you guys criticise the Footy Show then rave about how mad these f**ked up shows like Amazing Race and the Survivor are. get a life.

sunny

To paraphrase groucho marx, i find stuff like the footy show and amazing race very educational...every time they come on, and i go into the next room and read a good book.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The thing is, i dont mind them doing this if they are acually going to be funny, they have nothing by recycled crap these days
get some blokes in there that are genuinely funny and ill be a fan once more...

My Panel would be Vossy, MG, M.Johns and Girds
a pannel like this one that could talk some good footy at various points but still put on an entertaining humourous show

But personally id like to see the NRL footy show adopt the format of the AFL footy show in terms of the pannel, Vossy in the McGuire seat, MG as our Sam Newman, then 3 different players or identities each week, be them girds, fittler, johns, lockyer etc.

Its a top set up at the AFL footy show, it manages to combine comedy and footy talk with a perfect blend, why is that impossible for our mob to do? Or at least if they are gonna focus on comedy at least make it funny.

Pazza

First Grade
The whole concept is about 3 years over done. It's a comedy but it's not funny. Usualy the Stand up and Anti ads are the only funny things on the show but its seems this year thats in a bit of trouble :roll:

Reg Regan has been done to death, i rated the flight attendant one better anyways. Chief (apart form last night performance on dare devil dudes) has added NOTHING to the show! Fatties sence of humour died with his youth. They need something to change.

My recommendations: (god im treating this like a tafe assignment :? )

- Have a good blend of humour and serious football issues

- Get rid of Fatty, sterlo and Cheif and replace them with hew blood like Girdler or something.

- Cut the show time to 1 hour

- and dont dwell on things like reg ragen, was it their house? it was heaps funny in the biggenning then they just did it to death

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
QldRabbit said:
Brisbane missed the comedy from Craig McLachlan as it showed a 10 minute Bris segment, was it really that bad?

i would rather watch 7 days of re runs of the western reds vs the rams in 1997 than watch craig do comedy.

Hey actually that'll be good to watch, I'd rather watch that than the sh*tt thats on television atm.

Look I think the Footy Show is a waste really, its gone way downhill, the daredevil dudes is plain sh*tt, its not funny whats so funny about someone making a fool of himself in a dangerous situation. One day someone will get a heart attack to attempt those.

I know its not football, its just entertainment, but its ridiculous entertainment. I knew the Footy Show was on last night, but didnt even bother watching it. I never knew Craig McLaughlin was a stand up comedian, let alone him being funny. Not surprised he got booed off stage.

sunny said:
To paraphrase groucho marx, i find stuff like the footy show and amazing race very educational...every time they come on, and i go into the next room and read a good book.

I agree with you. Watched "Lost" and then went to bed to finish reading Ben Elton's "Past Mortem". Funny and a pretty nifty few naughty bits in there too.

Choppies

Coach
Pazza said:
- and dont dwell on things like reg ragen, was it their house? it was heaps funny in the biggenning then they just did it to death

God they have really overdone Reg

I mean Reg Raegan thongs, books DVD's etc

He was funny in 2002 when he first came on the scene because he was different but now its just fart jokes and sex jokes (seeing him at Bulldogs training last night made me cringe).

The only people That I know that would laugh at it are people that went to my old school.

simon says

First Grade
I dont mind the stupid stuff......just give us half an hour of footy stuff.

People say you have the Sunday show.....but by the time that comes on over half the games have been played.I want a review about alll the games b4 they happen.

They should swap the shows,put the Thursday one on Sunday and vice versa and Id be happy.

Atm its embarassing,especially when you put them up against the plethora of excellent AFL talk shows.

simostorm

Bench
I tape it so I can fast forward it, I wouldnt be able to sit through it live.
Reg Reagan is the only good thing on the show.
Thank god for Nrl on fox, the one decent show on tv.

Latest posts