What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show returns

lolesi

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
lolesi said:
Another funny and good show!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can't be serious?

but then again you do have Tyson as your avatar

On a thursday night i sit down to watch it with the intent on having some easy laughs and enjoying myself, and tonight, i did, same as most episodes last year, i dont expect football talk on there, thats for Sundays show, so yes, i am serious.

Tyson is a great man! :p

Raider_69

Post Whore
30 odd foot of grunt >>>>> 3 Day's Grothe
and thats saying something

every minute i saw bar the one spent talking footy was shite #-o

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Maroubra Shark said:
As a fan of the Footy Show i thought it was very lame. Except for the bungy jump. Other then that complete utter CRAP!

You better not be bagging Grothe :evil:

You telling me Grothe saved that show :?: :roll:
He did'nt help their cause one bit!

God-King Dean

Immortal
An hour or so ago, I saw the greatest comedian I have seen....... ever!

Inbred: What's worse than poo?
Man in crowd: You

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Immortal said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the show but that was f**king piss weak.

If it wasn't for Reg throwing the toy dragon at the sign I'd say it was utter tripe tonight. (btw that was f**king hilarious)

Craig McLachlan... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Immortal said:

LOL GOLD!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
They put that knit wit on instead of Mario. I have lost all my respect for that mob. All my mates criticise the show and i try to give them the benefit of the doubt but that was the last straw.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
i was forced to leave the room when Craig walked on

That whole Steve Irwin thing was awesome! Haha do u think that it was real?

Goleel

Juniors
I loved it, maybe that's because it hasn't been on for a while but I thought it was a cracker. Mind you, I find it funny when they blow lines and generally show just how unprofessional they are, compared to most who seem to find it pathetic, so I can understand why most of you are repulsed by the show. Mind you, would you seriously enjoy watching fatty, sterlo, chief and matty talk footy for 2 hours? The way that mob go with serious issues about the game as it is on a thursday night I couldn't stand them bumbling through interviews for that long, I'd rather them act like idiots having the time of their lives. That's the best part of it, they always seem to be enjoying themselves on the show.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Personally i dont mind them not talking footy if they are gonna be funny but at the moment they arent funny, just boring

More reg, trent, mario are needed, Mahatma and Robbo need to come back and for the love of god if thet are gonna have a comedian get someone decent like Hugheys, Wil Anderson, Carl Barron, etc, not like there are a lack of good comedians out there... that craig fella was about as funny as being punched in the guts

God-King Dean

Immortal
Surpirsingly Reg throwing the toy Dragon into a wall made me laugh so hard I thought my rib cage was going to cave in

Bomber

Bench
For those who wanted to know, the 'Queensland segment' was drier than a stale piece of toast.

Chris 'Bomber' Bombalas (no relation) and Shane Webcke sitting around a bar stool drinking - gasp! - beer (have they learnt nothing?) and discussing - gasp! - the Broncos.

There was a token interview with Travis Norton which went along the lines of:

Webcke: G'day Travis
Norton: G'day mate
Webcke: How's Carl Webb going?
Norton: Alright ay
Webcke: Bit hot up there. Billy Johnstone got you training hard
Norton: Yeah
Webcke: Oh well
Norton: See you Sunday
Webcke: Yeah mate. Say hi to Carl for me
Norton: Righto
Webcke: Hooroo

Add a two minute discussion with Ben Ikin who is now the Player Welfare Officer with the Broncos, who had the audacity to say "Thanks Dad....I mean, thanks Wayne for the job", and it was all over.

No Queensland Cup discussion, except for how Stuart Kelly is going to do well for the Cyldesdales (Brisbane feeder) against the Young Guns (Cowboys feeder) on Sunday.

Very stagemanaged. Tried to be too snug and blokey but ended up looking like they all wanted to hold hands and sing "Hey hey, we're the Broncos"

I feel strangely robbed that I never got to see Craig McLachlan. :cry:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
U missed some very lame jokes and a d@%#head who wanted to stay on stage after getting booooed :?
That was the funniest part i reckon :lol: :lol: :lol:

iggy plop

First Grade
Matt M said:
Some people need to understand that the thursday night footy show isn't about talking football, its just an entertainment show with a football theme. The ratings are good for it so why would they change it? Personally I love it.

The ratings are no where near what they used to be. It rarely wins its timeslot these days whereas once it would regularly make the top 10.

Too much recycled crap on it. Not enough fresh ideas and footy talk.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Immortal said:
Surpirsingly Reg throwing the toy Dragon into a wall made me laugh so hard I thought my rib cage was going to cave in

FINALLY! someone else found it as funny as I did.

That was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bomber said:
For those who wanted to know, the 'Queensland segment' was drier than a stale piece of toast.

No Queensland Cup discussion, except for how Stuart Kelly is going to do well for the Cyldesdales (Brisbane feeder) against the Young Guns (Cowboys feeder) on Sunday.

Very stagemanaged. Tried to be too snug and blokey but ended up looking like they all wanted to hold hands and sing "Hey hey, we're the Broncos"

I feel strangely robbed that I never got to see Craig McLachlan. :cry:

qld cup? why on earth would they talk about the qld cup? they struggle to talk about NRL on thurs night and you want them to talk QLd cup :?
10000000000-1

the footyshow was crap and henry ramsey was a DISGRACE...it was embarrising just listening to his "stand up comedy"
another yr of crap ahead for the thurs footyshow.

eelandia

Juniors
Nothing like the Footy Show to ease me into a Friday.

I can't believe people watch the Amazing Race - watched it once and thought....what a rehearsed load of reality crap. I mean...staged arguments, bitchy rivalry and people just running around like chooks with their heads cut off.

You say the Footy Show doesn't have enough footy talk in it, but it certainly has more footy talk than any other show on Thursday night at 9.30.

eelandia said:
You say the Footy Show doesn't have enough footy talk in it, but it certainly has more footy talk than any other show on Thursday night at 9.30.

Wow, what a ringing endorsement. You should write their ads.

innsaneink

Referee
CC_Eagle said:
Immortal said:

It was funny now I think of it because it was so un-rehearsed...very spur of the moment....and it stood out like dogs balls because the rest of it is one big rehearsed yawn with gags you can see coming a mile off.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
innsaneink said:
CC_Eagle said:
Immortal said:

It was funny now I think of it because it was so un-rehearsed...very spur of the moment....and it stood out like dogs balls because the rest of it is one big rehearsed yawn with gags you can see coming a mile off.

Agreed...The look on the ladies face would have been absolute gold.

I was expecting him to give her a kiss or something, not throw the toy at a sign. :lol: :lol: :lol: