What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Flapper

First Grade
Anyone who actually watches (or at least watched) both codes' footy shows would agree that the AFL version is a. much funnier and b. much more professional than the dribble we are getting served in the nrl. I stopped watching the nrl footy show about two years ago now because its just sh*t, and now that i have nine hd i can watch the afl version at 9:30m, hoorah! How the nrl version won another logie is beyond me.

The AFL version is boring as batsh*t, and if Sam Newman wasn't on it it would rate like the test pattern. Women won't vote for the AFL show because Sam Newman is offensive to them.

The NRL version may be hosted by a relic and an idiot, but at least they aren't boring.

lucablight

First Grade
Why does Paul Vautin get so much hate? He doesn't sit on the fence and actually talks sense alot of the time. He can be funny at times as well.

Flapper

First Grade
Why does Paul Vautin get so much hate? He doesn't sit on the fence and actually talks sense alot of the time. He can be funny at times as well.

"HAHAHAHAHA THEY'LL ALL BE WEARING SKIRTS SOON HAHAHAHA"

That's my main problem with him, it's his chauvanistic attitude that gets me, and his false belief that netball isn't tough.

stormysally

Juniors
oh my god im from melbourne and have to sit through the afl sh*te AFL show b4 the nrl one come one the AFL one is crap and boring

Flapper

First Grade
oh my god im from melbourne and have to sit through the afl sh*te AFL show b4 the nrl one come one the AFL one is crap and boring

Of course it is, the hosts (besides the brilliant Sam Newman when he isn't fingering mannequins) are lifeless and the players are totally boring except Brendan Fevola, who isn't boring because he's an utter f**kwit, and they usually provide at least a glimpse of watching.

The NRL Footy Show could be worldbeaters if they pissed Fatty and Matty off.

Cloud9

If you have digital tv you can watch the other version at the same time on the other Ch.nine station.

Flapper

First Grade
They already are :sarcasm: *cough* logie *cough*

:lol:I could've hosted a sports show in the nude and won the logie.

The term "most popular" is misleading, it's like asking the place you'd most liek to get stabbed, the least painful option will always win, same with the utter sh*t dished up for Most Popular Sports Program.

Parra

Referee
Once again - the standard is set.

And what a piss-weak low standard it is.

As long as you avoid a criminal conviction you're a good bloke.

Flapper

First Grade
Well having sex with someone who wants to have sex with you isn't a crime. He's low for cheating on his wife, but it's not a criminal act.

Parra

Referee
And a criminal act is where you draw the line for what? Besides criminality, which is what the courts use it for.

When did the lowest standard we have become a benchmark?

Latest posts