What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

IanG

Coach
Yeah I can see them bragging about it. Plus it's a small victory for League over AFL.

Though I do wonder how many of those who voted actually like the show or just voted because they're Rugby League fans and didn't wanna see AFL get it over?

The Tank

Bench
Does anyone know the nominations for best sports program? Must have been slim pickings for either Footy Show to be nominated. Congrats to the duds anyway... it's improved this year.

pcpp

Juniors
The logie isn't for not 'best' sports program. It's 'most popular' sports program - and i'm pretty sure that anyone can vote for the 'most popular' categories.

Last edited:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
The logie isn't for not 'best' sports program. It's 'most popular' sports program - and i'm pretty sure that anyone can vote for the 'most popular' categories.

What an absolute embarrasment for Australia.

The NRL Footy Show has been a disgrace for years. Vautin, Johns, Harragon now Voss - untalented try-hard comedians. As a rugby league supporter, I cringe to think that this atrocious show represents our code.

The TV Week awards is determined by life's losers - not only sad enough to actually read TV Week but waste money actually voting THEN vote for arguably the worst sports show ever to offend viewers in the last 10 years.

Even if you hate AFL, anyone with an IQ over 5 realises that it is 100 times more professional, slick and well organised than our embarrassment.

And when Vautin and Johns end up saying "youse" at the Logies, it is almost sickening.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Does anyone know the nominations for best sports program? Must have been slim pickings for either Footy Show to be nominated. Congrats to the duds anyway... it's improved this year.

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=795121

Most Popular Sports Program
# Before The Game (Network Ten)
# Wide World Of Sports (Nine Network)
# The Footy Show AFL (Nine Network)
# The Footy Show NRL (Nine Network) — WINNER!
# Sports Tonight (Network Ten)

hutch

First Grade
ill stick take the victory over the afl shows anyday of the week. might bring them back down to earth a bit, if thats possible.

CarlU

Juniors
Rokin Ronny said:
What an absolute embarrasment for Australia.

The NRL Footy Show has been a disgrace for years. Vautin, Johns, Harragon now Voss - untalented try-hard comedians. As a rugby league supporter, I cringe to think that this atrocious show represents our code.

The TV Week awards is determined by life's losers - not only sad enough to actually read TV Week but waste money actually voting THEN vote for arguably the worst sports show ever to offend viewers in the last 10 years.

Even if you hate AFL, anyone with an IQ over 5 realises that it is 100 times more professional, slick and well organised than our embarrassment.

And when Vautin and Johns end up saying "youse" at the Logies, it is almost sickening
I am so friggen sick of over critical people on this forum just bagging everything and every commentator unless they are perfect. Before going on these forums I thought the footy show was pretty good, i didn't think it was great but I didnt have loads and loads of negative things to say about it, I put up with it, people seem to be able to find negative things out of nowhere.

Not taking a shot at you, if you honestly find the show that annoying then that's fine, that's your opinion I'm just tired of the the endless bagging.

Danish

Referee
You love giving Matty Johns a serve don't you Saab. :lol:

Mind you he was at his biast best with his tipping last night. Has he tipped the Broncos at all this season?

Doesnt seem like such a biased driven, stupid tip now does it? :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Cheers El Diablo!

As I suspected - a load of rubbish the lot of them. Why no Pay programs? Is it FTA only?

That's what the ASTRA Awards are for. I think they were on a few weeks ago.

An Aussie Goes Bolly was the winner of most outstanding sports program this year... no NRL program (e.g. NRL on Fox) was nominated.

The NRL was nominated as best sports coverage, but the Bowl-A-Rama on Fuel TV won... WTF?! :lol:

dogslife

Coach
Anyone who actually watches (or at least watched) both codes' footy shows would agree that the AFL version is a. much funnier and b. much more professional than the dribble we are getting served in the nrl. I stopped watching the nrl footy show about two years ago now because its just sh*t, and now that i have nine hd i can watch the afl version at 9:30m, hoorah! How the nrl version won another logie is beyond me.

Cloud9

Anyone who actually watches (or at least watched) both codes' footy shows would agree that the AFL version is a. much funnier and b. much more professional than the dribble we are getting served in the nrl. I stopped watching the nrl footy show about two years ago now because its just sh*t, and now that i have nine hd i can watch the afl version at 9:30m, hoorah! How the nrl version won another logie is beyond me.

You're kidding. I've seen both, i prefer the NRL version.
The AFL version is boring, it's stale. Sam the cat isn't funny anymore.

Latest posts