What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The fraud thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Taunoa Brown was a bludger for us in the end too
He came from the Storm with big raps on him (don’t they always?) but I actually don’t think he even did a lot there, was more earmarked as a player with a ton of potential.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The Tigers have had more than their fair share of good players that go there to milk one last payday when they’re past their best.

Adam Blair and Braith Anasta spring instantly to mind.

Adam Blair played 121 first grade games before going to the Tigers and 210 after going to the Tigers so it certainly wasn't one last pay day.

Blair's whole career is a mystery to me. 331 first grade games and 51 tests means on paper he appears to be an ATG. A succession of coaches picked him week in week out for 15 years.

Canard

Immortal
I said when it was signed that the 10 year contract the Cowboys gave him would come back to proverbially bite it on the bottom.
You weren't wrong.

But bottom feeder teams like the Cowboys have no choice.

It's either that or he goes elsewhere.

Apey

Staff member
I always assumed he was the good one and that Jacob got selected for Origin a couple of times because Fittler forgot which was which. Not true?
They both played quite well for NSW. Kind of like the old Gagai memes. Bludgers at club level for the rep money we're paying them. At their peaks Dan is a better player than Jacob, but he's also lazier and more of a wage thief.

Bazal

Post Whore
Kurt Capewell, Boyd Cordner, Josh Jackson, Simon Mannering, Dale Finucane.

Basically any backrower or lock that played a heap of Rep Footy despite lacking a skill set.

Cordner was a good player before his brains got scrambled to be fair. Mannering was also good.

Jackson is the ploddiest plodder to ever plod

mozza91

Coach
Cordner was a good player before his brains got scrambled to be fair. Mannering was also good.

Jackson is the ploddiest plodder to ever plod
Yeah Cordner might be a bit harsh. Always thought Mannering made too many errors for someone who offered sfa with the ball.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Simon Mannering
I was going to be try and be jovial about this, but this is just an incredibly shit call.

Mannering from 2005-2011 was a beast - pace, ball skills, solid as a rock on defense, he was incredibly underrated because he did everything well but didn't necessarily have a crazy highlight reel. Worth remembering he was also our captain in our 2011 GF campaign when Price got injured/retired. Then we turned to absolute shit, our attitude stunk and he had to make 50+ tackles a week - therefore his attacking prowess was stunted.

But make no mistake, Simon Mannering is the furtherest thing from a fraud the game has ever seen. He had a massive skillset, a massive ticker and without him, the Warriors would've won multiple spoons but somehow never won one.