What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ghost of Corey Hughes

jc155776

Coach
Remember when Corey Hughes had a game for like one metre and we all agreed just how bad he was?

Last night our Hooker had a grand total of 0m from 0 runs.

Not even a 1m scoot.

His earnt peanlty came from a sideways marker run that was probably not going to be given until he had the ball stripped out and the ref realised how bad it would look ignoring the obviously offside marker.

Bjt f**k me dead talking about lateral play…maybe that’s an issue.

Greats service sure, but you need a lot more than that from a 9 in 2024.

50 off tackles is a good effort, but also was being trampled a lot, usually involved in the tackle when there is an offload.

Probably being harsh and venting because losing to QLD teams is a bit tougher to swallow for those of us up here (lucky there isn’t a lot of Dolphins fans and they are kinda hard to hate, great ‘Shark Park’ like stadium and leagues club when playing games at their real home ground as well!)

shadowboxer

First Grade
Corey Hughes and the Sticky Ricky contract dilemma- could be an under flabby belly mini series in that.
Sorry I’m rambling

jc155776

Coach
Yeah no shady agent kickback stuff happened at all there Shadow. All legit and above board signing.

sladden road

Juniors
I listened to the first 20 on grandstand coming home. It sounded like Marshall was killing us though the middle.
Didn’t hear much about Tinkerbell.

it was very interesting to listen. First four sets the Fliipers made it to the 50 then 40 then 30 then 20.

Always knew Dolphins were not to be trusted.

they were like Orcas and we were like Grey Nurses.

There were like those Dolphins in the Amazon.

Typical of Brailey he goes missing when needed the most.
He has played over 100 games.
One of the most experienced hookers in the game, and you see other less experience try things.

Reactions: PJ

txta2

Bench
yes he was shit, now have a look at the over games we get flogged. guess who was shit again.

shaggs

Coach
I’m going to put it out there and say that our spine is underwhelming and underperform when it matters.

Good stat this one for Brailey. Marshall-king was gaining ground every set, I assumed the play the ball speed was much faster. But they were both under 3sec.

Brailey doesn’t lift his head enough.
Nico plays sideways too luch
Trindall was off the pace this week
Kennedy has not progressed.

If our spine was on the market, how many clubs out there hand up to recruit each one. Money no object etc. Must be to play in there current position ??

I’m going to put it out there and say that our spine is underwhelming and underperform when it matters.

Good stat this one for Brailey. Marshall-king was gaining ground every set, I assumed the play the ball speed was much faster. But they were both under 3sec.

Brailey doesn’t lift his head enough.
Nico plays sideways too luch
Trindall was off the pace this week
Kennedy has not progressed.

If our spine was on the market, how many clubs out there hand up to recruit each one. Money no object etc. Must be to play in there current position ??
They would get picked up by other clubs.
I don't see any of them though who can win a title maybe Brailey

PJ

First Grade
They would get picked up by other clubs.
I don't see any of them though who can win a title maybe Brailey

Any of them can win a title, just need the others in the spine to be elite like for us in 16. Maloney, Barba and Ennis had enough to carry Chad. Similarly if we had that quality in the other 3 positions any of our currents could be carried and just do a job.

But yes, Brailey would be the most likely to pick up a good club but Nicho does bring marketability.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sorry bad wording.

Who makes the starting team right now. Do they walk into a top 8 team this weekend?
Same guys I expect. Can only go further backwards by making mass changes as there is NO ONE in the Jets who could be better.

Berrell is untested.
Puru leaves a bit to be desired.
Ison is in Kindergarten.
Rajab is the current Jets 6.

So our spine is what it will be going forward, or backwards.

ragzouken

Juniors
He’s like nicho, hopefully they can grow together

merkin never misses a game and plays 80

and we lost due to 20 minutes of suck and hammer pulling a all timer

shaggs

Coach
Same guys I expect. Can only go further backwards by making mass changes as there is NO ONE in the Jets who could be better.

Berrell is untested.
Puru leaves a bit to be desired.
Ison is in Kindergarten.
Rajab is the current Jets 6.

So our spine is what it will be going forward, or backwards.
That spine is underwhelming on paper even for Cup

Chimp

Bench
Another game from Brailey with zero craft in the final 10, zero attempts to burrow over and not even a single glance to see if there’s an opportunity for himself to score. It kills us.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just going to say this. JMK only ran for 37 metres himself.

Tinkerbell wouldn't have had any running in his legs after making 53 tackle from 57 attempts. I don't reside on this Blayke Island podcasters speak of nor am I "on the Blayke bus" but FMD he gets left to do a lot of the work other players should be doing. Even McTired only made 29 tackles. Way down on energy was McSpent.

Tinker is ALWAYS flat in attack when his D Load is up. His D Load is always up when the Sharks play lazy.

Latest posts