What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gold Coast RLFC Thread!

mightybears

Bench
DIEHARD said:
NRL_man said:
Gold Coast Diehards

No way, but could you imagine the irony.

Everytime Doctor Death, Mighty Bears, Dodge and all the other goons see the Gold Coast play or in the paper it would be GOLD COAST DIEHARDS.

Always bringing back sweet memories of their good old buddy on LU.

DIEHARD
i'd prefer chargers, but the GOLD COAST DIEHARDS WOULD WORK FOR ME-AS LONG AS THE LOGO DIDN'T HAVE A PICTURE OF YOUR MATE BRUCE

nqboy

First Grade
DIEHARD said:
Robina would be the best site, but building at Carrara and shutting down the AFL is a tempting option.

Carrara is currently favourite, because the council own the land. But seening as the Council previously offered 6 million to the construction of a new stadium and now the state government will foot the entire bill, maybe the Council wont mind spending the money on securing the Robina site, especially considering they will have nearly a blank cheque to build the best stadium they can.
Who's to say if we built at Carrara, the AFL wouldn't build a new stadium at Robina? I favour the public transport, parking and access at Robina, let the AFL worry about access to their ground at Carrara.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am hoping its Robina, I'll be moving back home to the coast in early 2007. Ideal area for a stadium. Fingers crossed.

JW

Coach
nqboy said:
DIEHARD said:
Robina would be the best site, but building at Carrara and shutting down the AFL is a tempting option.

Carrara is currently favourite, because the council own the land. But seening as the Council previously offered 6 million to the construction of a new stadium and now the state government will foot the entire bill, maybe the Council wont mind spending the money on securing the Robina site, especially considering they will have nearly a blank cheque to build the best stadium they can.

Who's to say if we built at Carrara, the AFL wouldn't build a new stadium at Robina? I favour the public transport, parking and access at Robina, let the AFL worry about access to their ground at Carrara.

At Robina the AFL would have to pay for it, or most of it, unlike the NRL.

Carrara doesn't need to be reconfigured for AFL, just some obvious upgrades in terms of grandstands/seating, etc.

If the AFL was forced to build a brand new venue, they would most likely have to pay for the majority of it, as I doubt the Qld govt would come to the party a second time with even more money.

For the AFL, the Gold Coast is an opportunity to reclocate a near-dead Melbourne Club so they don't have to keep propping it up to keep it alive. Having to pay so much to build a venue from the ground up at the GC would defeat the purpose of moving a Melbourne club there in the first place.

All Demteriou will have left to dump a club or two is Western Sydney and Canberra - both proven failures already.

What a victory it would be for Rugby League if we could take the Gold Coast (Carrara) and aid in the death of a Melbourne AFL club in the process :twisted:

Personally, I think Robina is the ideal site. But Carrara also has it's advanages, as mentioned above.

But venues aside, just getting a team there is the important issue for now.

Cheers.

DIEHARD

----
nqboy said:

:thumnn

Exactly, exactly.

We need to do the best for rugby league. And in my opinion that is building at Robina.

NRL_man

Juniors
mightybears said:
YOU SEE DIEHARD AS AN AUSTRALIAN THING OR JUST ANOTHER SEPPO NAME [FROM A MOVIE AS OPPOSED TO YOUR USUALLY FAVOURED NFL FRANCHISES]?
why are you shouting bro? :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, because asking him if he's shouting is definitely a relevant answer to the question he's asked. :roll:

Common character amongst GC circles I guess, avoiding the answering of questions.... selective hearing. :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given how he and others continually whinged about making sure the logo wasn't to be some try-hard American football name yes, it is pretty relevant. Just shows more hypocrisy at his end...

doctor death

Juniors
nqboy said:
DD does it all the time. And it's such a relevant question, isn't it?

hey chump, I'll answer any question you want. I'm just not sure if you and your GC inbreds can understand. Fire away.

nqboy

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And another one. If the NRL aren't worried about the GC finances, why should you be?

BTW, I've asked this question of you a number of times now and you've yet to answer so I have another one. Why, if you'll answer any question I want, have you waited until now, because it looks awfully like you've been avoiding that one as if it's been put in the too-hard basket?

DIEHARD

----
Something like 40% of all registered rugby league players in Australia reside in Queensland, yet we only have two teams in the NRL.

SEQLD is the largest rugby league junior base in the world.

There are 2.5 million people in a one hour drive from the Gold Coast, with only one other rival team.

nqboy said:
And another one. If the NRL aren't worried about the GC finances, why should you be?

Bloody oath.