What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The greatest front row rotation of the salary cap era.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Today South Sydney has announced the signing of the fourth Burgess brother, Tom. This gives us an impressive engine room for 2013 which includes the following:

S Burgess, Asotasi, L Burgess, Lima, G Burgess, T Burgess.

This is arguably the greatest 6 prop rotation in the history of the salary cap era. IMO I think it is. You have a genuine superstar in Sam, established quality in Asotasi, Lima and Luke and superstar potential in Tom and George. And the fact that we've got all 4 brothers here gives a MASSIVE inbuilt advantage of keeping them for unders when contract time comes around. Can anybody name a better set of 6 props in the history of the salary cap era?

Also have 4 brothers ever played in the same 17 in the history of rugby league?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...sydney-rabbitohs/story-e6frexnr-1226444074267

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dude.. its 4.20pm on a Monday.. put the crack pipe away..

BranVan3000

Coach
Are you serious? Only decent player there is Sam Burgess

Seriously wtf is with this guy

Asotasi hasn't played consistently for years

Luke is a good bench prop

George is promising but still a fringe first grader

Tom won't make first grade for at least a year

Lima will likely have been softened up by SL

So yeah, really only Sam n the top tier

Lol@Bunniesdud

Bretto

Bench
Maybe all of the Burgess brothers combined will be able to play the same amount of games in a season as one normal player.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Seriously wtf is with this guy

Asotasi hasn't played consistently for years

Luke is a good bench prop

George is promising but still a fringe first grader

Tom won't make first grade for at least a year

Lima will likely have been softened up by SL

So yeah, really only Sam n the top tier

Lol@Bunniesdud
Tom isn't where George is when we got him. Tom has a full SL season under his belt. He'll be battle hardened enough to be NRL ready after the full offseason he will get.

As for "only Sam is top tier". I didn't say they were all "top tier". I said as a rotation, I can't see any better and more talented than them in the last 20 years.

Last edited:

yobbo84

Coach
* The views expressed in this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the South Sydney Rabbitohs or the general supporter base.

ek999

First Grade
Lol. Not even the greatest front row rotation currently. Aiden Tolman, Sam Kasiano and James Graham shit all over the Souths front-rowers. The only Souths player that could get a look in is Sam Burgess whilst any of the Bulldogs front-rowers would be automatic starters for Souths.

Bulldogs 2003/04 with Price, O'Meley, Mason and Asotasi would be close to the best along with any Broncos rotation featuring Petero and Webcke

M2D2

Bench
I think the current FRF of Dogs & Cronulla are better, maybe even Cowboys as well.

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
:lol: Didn't Canberra spruke their superior front row a few years back (Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Tilse, White) and look where that's got them.

BunniesMan

Immortal
* The views expressed in this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the South Sydney Rabbitohs or the general supporter base.
Well that's stating the obvious isn't it.

I'm not aware of ever claiming I speak for anyone besides myself...
Lol. Not even the greatest front row rotation currently. Aiden Tolman, Sam Kasiano and James Graham shit all over the Souths front-rowers. The only Souths player that could get a look in is Sam Burgess whilst any of the Bulldogs front-rowers would be automatic starters for Souths.

Bulldogs 2003/04 with Price, O'Meley, Mason and Asotasi would be close to the best along with any Broncos rotation featuring Petero and Webcke
1. Cap cheating doesn't count. Nothing between 2002 and 2004 means anything from the Dogs.
2. Tolman/Kasiano/Graham is 3 props. I'm talking 6. Your 4th, 5th and 6th aren't enough to be better than our 6th best in 2013.
3. Again, key word: rotation. Petero and Webcke were great but that's 2. They never had the depth we're about to have.

It comes down to this: has there ever been a better number 6 prop than Jeff Lima. I don't think so.