What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The greatest front row rotation of the salary cap era.

First Grade
Please we had Danile Tolar in our front row, that means our front was the best there was the best there has ever been and the best there will ever be.

endthread

age.s

First Grade
Enough is enough

This thread is proof that BM is nothing more than a f**king troll whose sole task is to get people to hate Souths.

I'm f**king sick to death of him, his stupid threads and his utterly pointless need to make every conversation about him and his useless opinions on South Sydney.

Please moderators - ban the f**king turd permanently.

Hear hear. Should be a f**king sticky.

Earl

Coach
As for the best front row of the slary cap era;

8. Chris Beattie
9. Dean Treister
10. Danny Nutley

14. Don Tweddle
15. Matt Bickerstaff

Didgi

8. Mat Scott
10. James Tamou

That's so far ahead you don't even need to look at the bench.

ek999

First Grade
Firstly, I now probably regret what I said in the OP as I didn't think it through. But the thread wasn't "this is my opinion, my opinion is fact, everyone must agree" which is what everyone sounds like they're reading it as. The thread was "this is my opinion, what is yours, let's start a discussion". I'm being treated like I'm a serial killer when all I did wrong was have an opinion that people disagreed with.

Secondly, it's not my fault that people are completely irrational. If people don't like something I say then they should have a problem with me. I don't understand why they get mad at other Souths fans or the club. I shouldn't be held responsible for other peoples actions.

In case people didn't know already, my opinions don't necessarily represent the South Sydney Rabbitohs or South Sydney fans. Obviously.

Could you at least explain your logic in how they are even close to being the best of the salary cap era. Sam Burgess is great no argument there. But Asotasi and Lima are well past their best and the other 3 Burgess brothers are young and basically untried in first grade.

A great rotation is one where if you lose your best player you remain strong, for example Bulldogs 2004 and this year, Broncos 1998 and 2006, Cowboys this year and many others people have mentioned. Take Sam out and it is one of the most mediocre in the whole comp. I'm not trying to have a go at Souths either, they are strong in most positions except front row

BunniesMan

Immortal
Could you at least explain your logic in how they are even close to being the best of the salary cap era. Sam Burgess is great no argument there. But Asotasi and Lima are well past their best and the other 3 Burgess brothers are young and basically untried in first grade.

A great rotation is one where if you lose your best player you remain strong, for example Bulldogs 2004 and this year, Broncos 1998 and 2006, Cowboys this year and many others people have mentioned. Take Sam out and it is one of the most mediocre in the whole comp. I'm not trying to have a go at Souths either, they are strong in most positions except front row
Well I was talking about 2013, not 2012. Tom and George aren't much yet but I believe they both have superstar potential and could explode in the NRL as quickly as Sam did. Next year the twins (Tom and George) will be about the age Sam was in 2010 when he announced himself.

I'm picturing a future where our #2 and #3 props, Tom and George, are almost as great as Sam, and 3 good props in Asotasi, Luke Burgess and Lima are our depth #4, #5 and #6.

I realise I might have got ahead of myself at this stage but by this time next year this thread may not sound as crazy.

gUt

Coach
Brisbane 2009:

Joel Clinton
Nick Kenny
Palmer Wapau
Dave Taylor

with PJ Marsh.

ek999

First Grade
Yeah but by 2010, Sam Burgess had already played 90ish ESL games for Bradford, 8 games for England/GB. What have Tom and George done

firechild

First Grade
You do realise that St George finished 10th in 1997? In a comp with 12 teams? Yeah they would have put Brisbane to the sword!

You seem to be ignoring the Bulldogs who won the thing in 95. Played in the 94, 95 and 98 Grand Finals and took out the minor premiership in 93 and 94.

I'll pay that Canberra disappeared post Super League........but prior? No way.

As I said, Super league gutted several ARL aligned sides as players from ARL clubs chased the dollars. Manly lost the likes of Ridge, Roberts and Cunningham to SL aligned clubs while the Dogs were really the only SL club adversely affected. I'm not sure how exactly the Dragons were adversely affected but keep in mind, they played 4 grand finals in the 90s, including 1996. Canberra finished 6th in 1996 and 7th in 1998, hardly a powerhouse during the SL war.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
Oh good lord BunniesMan. This is well and truly up there with the dumbest threads I have ever read on this forum.

George Burgess has played, what, 3 first grade games? And Tom Burgess just signed up to play in the NRL yesterday! Roy hasn't played rugby league in about 3 seasons!

Honestly, pull your head in. Before you're about to post one of these threads, think to yourself, "Am I going to cop 15+ pages of ridicule for this?". If answer is yes, log off League Unlimited.

Your level of bias makes Mario Fenech look like a rabid Roosters fan.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I heard an interesting point made about Christine O'donnell the other day that applies to Bunniesman. The person was talking about how dumb and moronic she is. The point was made that she is so stupid, that it is basically impossible for her to see how stupid she actually is. This is because it takes some degree of intelligence to gauge what constitutes being stupid and what doesn't.

Bunniesman in a nutshell.

benntash

Juniors
Based on your logic Bunniesman, Penriths front row rotation for next year would be
Tim Grant - NSW
Sam McKendry - NZ Int
Sika Manu - NZ Int
Nigel Plum
Jeremy Latimore
Shane Shackleton
Theres 6 I rate IMO higher then your 6 and all with NRL experience

Patorick

Staff member
Hard to go past Melbourne 2008.

Adam Blair, Jeff Lima, Aiden Tolman and Brett White.

Not too mention: Sika Manu, Scott Anderson and Antonio Kaufusi.

Oh.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Bailey
Ryles
Kite
Poore
A Sims
Brett White
Ryan Tandy
Wycliffe Palu
Michael Henderson
Nathan Long
Brian Norrie

Were all at Saints in 2004.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
BTW

8. Shane Webcke
10. Andrew Gee
11. Gorden Tallis
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

17. Petero Civoniceva

Not to mention Sailor coming in off the wing and taking hitups as a replacement forward.

^^ From the 1998 Premiership winning team shits on any other pack in the salary cap era....

firechild

First Grade
Manly 1996:
David Gillespie
Mark Carroll
Ian Roberts
Owen Cunningham
Neil Tierney

We may not have had a notable #6 (wtf has ever noted any club's #6 prop?) but clearly didn't need one.