What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Greatest non grand final win in the clubs history...

Parraletic

Juniors
F**K YEAH! I Love it! How good does it feel to be an Eel?
That is our greatest finals win since 1986, no doubt.

....I think the dragon is choking again....yeah his got an EEL around his throat.

PARRA!!!PARRA!!!PARRA!!!

Fooking amazing!

That's one for the DVD collection - the last Parra St George game that was a keeper was the 2005 win where Barrett punched PJ at the Stadium

Going straight to the pool room!

yy_cheng

Coach
DA is the man.

He has the guts to take Mateo off and it was the right decision.

We didn't need Mateo's 2nd phase during the time and DA knew it and hooked him.

Mateo's gotta get the Grinding mentality in him when the coach instructs it. He's a great hitup artist too and does not need to look to pass every play.

bartman

Immortal
The Greatest non grand final win in the clubs history...
For mine that was the major semi final in 1986 v the Dogs.

Sangreal/Sevens may wish to comment, but the Bookends absolutely turned the Canterbury pack inside out that day, and when we faced them in the GF two weeks later it was a vital psychological advantage in a tight grinding win.

But yeah, good game today too...

yy_cheng

Coach
For mine that was the major semi final in 1986 v the Dogs.

Sangreal/Sevens may wish to comment, but the Bookends absolutely turned the Canterbury pack inside out that day, and when we faced them in the GF two weeks later it was a vital psychological advantage in a tight grinding win.

But yeah, good game today too...

Always keeps you on edge when the final score ended up to be 4-2.

THe 84' GF was 6-4

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Amazing thing is, if we win, we play the Dogs in a GF qualifyer. Last time we played them in a GF qualifyer is the most painful memory I have as an Eel fan. (moreso then 01)

salvy71

Juniors
Great win ...especially after fumbling and bumbling their way through most of the 1st half ...that defence was sensational !!

BJP76A

Juniors
I must say that although nothing beats a GF victory, that was a truly sensational and gutsy performance.

The performance displayed by the Eels yesterday will have the Titans and Dog's shaking in their boots.

If Parra can produce that kind of defence in every game from now on they will take the title from 8th spot and create history.

It's up to the players to be disiplined and not let any victory from now on go to their heads.

Parra proved in that game that they are truly a quality side and they can match it with any team in the NRL.

Kudos to Daniel Anderson, even if we dont go all the way this year he is defineately the man who will get us there next.

Parra Steve

Juniors
A bit understated but Tim Mannah's run just before Hayne put the bomb up for our first try. That really put us in a good position.

Great win guys. One of the best games of football in a long time and thanks also for the icing on the cake (which is booting Manly out of the Premiership race).

Good luck next week against the Titans.

Standing in a sea of St George supporters as our victory song hit at Kogarah of all places knowing we had just knocked Manly out was one of the best moments i have experienced footywise.

Aww and how did i give it to the Dragons supporters who left early.

We had a small patch of EELS supporters around us equally as passionate. We were all doing the Gus running jump at some point of the game.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
A bit understated but Tim Mannah's run just before Hayne put the bomb up for our first try. That really put us in a good position.

Oh, I have been noticing Mannah.

He is a good 'un.

He's not Caylo like. Caylo barges into the opposition with his shoulder.

Fui has speed and momentum and is hard as a rock.

Mannah sort of picks his way through the gaps of 2 of the defenders tackling him and has very good leg drive to pick up more metres. The leg drive also means the defenders don't mark up fast enough.

Lastly, the drags do something very good.

The pack always gets tackled on their belly. So they can get up quick and play the ball.

It's hard to wrestle them onto their backs.