What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hand you should have won....

Mong

Post Whore
Yeah, the swings can be quite large at the lower levels but as you say it's about grinding people down.

To be honest, because of the crazy nature of lower limit tables, I tend to treat Hold Em amost like Omaha - a drawing game - so I'm looking for small-mid pairs and suited connectors in late position.

If I hold Aces or Kings I'm going to bet hard - that way if someone comes with me it's going to cost them to do so. If the flop looks dangerous I slow right down.

As they say - small pots for small hands, big pots for big hands. A-A is not a big hand.

Wish I thought about that last night.

Had AA

another player went all in straight up, I thought about it for a bit and thought why not, I mean they were going to have to get a little lucky to beat me.

Anyway, the other player had J 3 so I was feeling confident at this point.

Flop was J 3 3
Turn was 3
River was a 2

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief and take that as a sign it was time to stop playing for the night and to rethink the decision to play AA like that again in the future :(

Last edited:

Skeletor

Juniors
Wish I thought about that last night.

Had AA

another player went all in straight up, I thought about it for a bit and thought why not, I mean they were going to have to get a little lucky to beat me.

Anyway, the other player had J 3 so I was feeling confident at this point.

Flop was J 3 3
Turn was 3
River was a 2

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief and take that as a sign it was time to stop playing for the night and to rethink the decision to play AA like that again in the future :(
There is absolutely no reason not to call in that spot.

Mong

Post Whore
AA bad beat again on full tilt..

Playing a sit and go. Lost a flush and 2 three of a kinds on the river 3 times in a row which already had me pissed, then less than 2 minutes later I got dealt pocket A's..

All folds except one player who goes all in for $35.. I considered it for a bit and decided it was as good as icould hope for in that position so I called..

Other player shows 9,4...

Yep, 9,4..

Any way, flop comes out 9,9,9...

I am pretty sure the neighbours heard my displeasure at that.. Am getting tired of stupid bad beats like that..

Think I need to give it away for a bit..

Mong

Post Whore

Hmm.. Can't seem to get the screen shot to work

Basically was called all in, i had pocket aces so called.. Opponent had 6,2

Flop was 9,6,6
Turn was J
River was 6.

Good times..

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
AA bad beat again on full tilt..

Playing a sit and go. Lost a flush and 2 three of a kinds on the river 3 times in a row which already had me pissed, then less than 2 minutes later I got dealt pocket A's..

All folds except one player who goes all in for $35.. I considered it for a bit and decided it was as good as icould hope for in that position so I called..

Other player shows 9,4...

Yep, 9,4..

Any way, flop comes out 9,9,9...

I am pretty sure the neighbours heard my displeasure at that.. Am getting tired of stupid bad beats like that..

Think I need to give it away for a bit..

Did the turn and river come AA?

griffo346

First Grade
theres this one i heard in our outback pro weekend (when we hosted the pro open)

3 players

1 player had pocket A
2nd player pocket Q
3rd Player packet K

1st player raises (other 2 flat calls)

Flop comes down A, Q, K

As raises , K goes all in , Q calls as does A

all players in shock when cards a revealed

all players have trips

Turn comes down K (meaning K had 4 of a kind)

River comes down a A

player with the quad A's ends up winning the pot and winning the tourny

jc155776

Coach
Last night lost two hands totalling about $80 when my KK ran into A9 off and AJ off all in pre flop.

Deadset.

Won a bit back when my QQ held on against KJ off all in pre for about $40.

I was up to about $90 from playing PLO when a player pushed all in, I reraised all in and had a third player call. Pot was about $80 total.

I had nut king high straight.
Another player had Q high straight
3rd player had trip 5's no draw other then hoping for board to pair on river.

Board paired.

FMD.

Finished the night about $30 up after an hour play, should have been a lot more!!

That said, PLO .25/.5 tables 6 max are great. Plenty of gambling and loose play going on.