What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hayne Experiment

Bazal

Post Whore
So, after two games, what's everyone's opinions on the Hayne experiment? Is he showing enough to justify continuing? We know the talent and potential he has, but is he looking at all like a five-eighth?

In my opinion, the experiment is failing. Hayne has played two terrible games at 6, in which his involvement has mostly been detrimental. With the general uselessness of our 7, I personally don't think Hayne is going to be a success at 6. He needs to go back to fullback or into the outside backs where he can play his natural game, he's not a ball player nor does he have much of a kicking game...he's more of a guy who is at his best chiming into the play and creating that way.

I would play Burt in more of a 6 role in attack, he has some ball playing ability and can kick very well, with Hayne attacking from the back and then swap them in defence. But that's just me

Phillips

Referee
Hayne should have been playing in the #1 Jersey ever since round 1 2007.

Hayne at 5/8th = fail

i thought he had some good touches but too many flashy passes that ended up going to ground he needs to keep it simple

homo man

Juniors
Yeah i totally agree he looks lost and frustrated and he cant kick, just like finch.Ive seen burt play 5/8 in lower grades he handles it well.

fish eel

Immortal
Yeah, he just isnt a 5/8 and it's a big ask to expect him to adapt quickly - which is what we need him to do.

I'd play him at fullback. Tough on Burt, I know.

One thing, I dont think you can make the 'not putting in' claim about him so far this year

Angry_eel

First Grade
Both our halves are f**ked. This not a anti-Finch post at all.

I WANT FINCH IN THE TEAM. He does the little things that saves our arse many times.

However, If he's a NRL standard half back then I am Rupert Murdoch. Also, Hayne needs to learn he's playing in a team not individually.

He gets the ball, he tries a step and then gets tackled. tbh, it reminds me of Karmichael Hunt.

EELICIT

Juniors
I personally think we have enough playmakers, haynes antics tonight proved that if we have a solid 2nd row and front row we can cause damage. I personally liked his defensive effort so if it aint broke dont fix it...... maybe DA knows more than we do

EELICIT

Juniors
Both our halves are f**ked. This not a anti-Finch post at all.

I WANT FINCH IN THE TEAM. He does the little things that saves our arse many times.

However, If he's a NRL standard half back then I am Rupert Murdoch. Also, Hayne needs to learn he's playing in a team not individually.

He gets the ball, he tries a step and then gets tackled. tbh, it reminds me of Karmichael Hunt.

Sorry an i dont agree, finch found himself in plenty of positions that covered for our non tackling players, so i think he reads the game very well :lol: And that is what a halfback should do, read the game !!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not a 5/8, plays better at fullback.

I think Finch should at 5/8, plays a good running game but hopeless kicking game. Keating to halfback.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Sorry an i dont agree, finch found himself in plenty of positions that covered for our non tackling players, so i think he reads the game very well :lol: And that is what a halfback should do, read the game !!!!
He reads well, he can't write for sh*t. Every kick goes to the fullback. He tries hard but he just can't seem to produce the plays.

Yes i already said he saves the day but thats not why you have a half back in your team.

EELICIT

Juniors
it's failing and he should be at fullback.

I completely disagree as burt made 1 mistake, but made up for it, hayne should stay because hes much bigger than most and can crete maximum damage. I personally think DA has it right !;-)

ParraAds

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Smith
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Keating

That's gotta be the plan going forward.....surely.

We saw again tonight the DEFENSIVE risk with Burt at fullback. Missing that bomb was a tad rookie, even if it was a good kick.

EELICIT

Juniors
He reads well, he can't write for sh*t. Every kick goes to the fullback. He tries hard but he just can't seem to produce the plays.

Yes i already said he saves the day but thats not why you have a half back in your team.

LOL yes he is illiterate ! and i agree your halfback doesnt control play he should be axed. However i disagree that every kick goes to the fullback. Every kick did go to the fullback but it our backline was also there to stop any breaks in the line. Maybe theres something to it ??????????

Bazal

Post Whore

What a halfback should also do is create opportunities, get in good 5th tackle options and lead the team around in attack. Finch just doesn;t do these...He's not the answer and I still can't believe that stunned f**king mullet signed him for three years. Finch needs to go to 6, where he has actually played ok for us, and give Robson, Mortimer or KK a shot at 7. Not that any of them are ideal halves, but they're better options than him IMO

EELICIT

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Smith
4. Inu ?????????????????????
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Keating

That's gotta be the plan going forward.....surely.

We saw again tonight the DEFENSIVE risk with Burt at fullback. Missing that bomb was a tad rookie, even if it was a good kick.

What did INU do ??? Burt made one mistake! I know it caused a try however he made up for it! The rest i agree with ! Reddy should be first... remindms me of his father and maybe better on tonight performance

Latest posts