What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hayne Experiment

oldmancraigy

Coach
Actually I think he did 2 but only can thing of the INU one where he ran left, INU cut back in (I think they somehow read each other's play), Hayne flicked it back but it got to INU at shoulder height.

Like I said, INU should've caught it because he is a freak. Any other freaky thing he would've done it easily. Oh and the tryline was wide open.

Look, Hayne is drafted as a running back, the only passes I see him throwing would be the flick or short pass.

Last year at fullback, he threw a few nice Fullback as 5/8th Passes out to the 3/4's.

I want him to learn the Inglis/Sutton BOMB

Was it a flick pass?

Looked like he popped it up with both hands on the inside - like a short 'hip ball'. All the commentators said he flicked it, but that's not what the vision was showing?

Hayne has a decent passing game - like you say, we saw a bit of it last season.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'd like to see how Wenty would go with Hayne at five-eighth.

You obviously don't know much about the modern game of football if you would even consider putting a player of Hayne's talent in reserve grade....

Face the facts HJ - RJ is right! Hayne has had 2 games of first grade at 5/8 - and he already won us a game with his defence.

You can't possible say he didn't? He made the ankle tap on Merrit, he made the tackle on Best, he made 2 stops on Sutton close to the line. 4 crucial tackles - at least 3 would have been tries.

When a team wins by 1 try, and someone stops the other team scoring 3-4 tries, then I think it's safe to say their defensive intensity wins the game?

The only player on the team who chases as hard on D as Hayne is Hindmarsh. And I'll bet Hindy was sitting back in the sheds after the game thinking 'thank goodness we have another strong cover defender in the team!'

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Actually the pass wasn't that good and Joel had to change his timing to get it. Also, he didn't score. Not even close. Lastly, it was the one pass that he threw in the entire game.

Once again, I don't remember him throwing a pass last weekend. Can anyone be specific about one they think he threw?

yeah, he definately threw one

not good enough in 80 minutes

KK's cut out pass to Reddy who dived over in the corner, won us the game imo

yeah, he definately threw one

not good enough in 80 minutes

KK's cut out pass to Reddy who dived over in the corner, won us the game imo

Believe it or not but Finch actually threw that pass ....... I know, i could not believe it either.

Last edited:
You obviously don't know much about the modern game of football if you would even consider putting a player of Hayne's talent in reserve grade....

Face the facts HJ - RJ is right! Hayne has had 2 games of first grade at 5/8 - and he already won us a game with his defence.

You can't possible say he didn't? He made the ankle tap on Merrit, he made the tackle on Best, he made 2 stops on Sutton close to the line. 4 crucial tackles - at least 3 would have been tries.

When a team wins by 1 try, and someone stops the other team scoring 3-4 tries, then I think it's safe to say their defensive intensity wins the game?

The only player on the team who chases as hard on D as Hayne is Hindmarsh. And I'll bet Hindy was sitting back in the sheds after the game thinking 'thank goodness we have another strong cover defender in the team!'

Plenty of players made tackles in the game. Hayne's on Merrit was good but the rest were no different from anyone else's. The best defender against Souths was most definitely Finch, not Hayne.

Looks like it is you who doesn't know much about football. He is playing in the crucial role of five-eighth and he has shown over 160 minutes of football that he cannot or will not pass but he definitely knows how to drop the ball and give away penalties.

If he wears the 6 it should be for Wenty. Then KK to five-eighth. If not, stick him on the wing, Burt to five-eighth and Reddy to back.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Plenty of players made tackles in the game. Hayne's on Merrit was good but the rest were no different from anyone else's. The best defender against Souths was most definitely Finch, not Hayne.

Looks like it is you who doesn't know much about football. He is playing in the crucial role of five-eighth and he has shown over 160 minutes of football that he cannot or will not pass but he definitely knows how to drop the ball and give away penalties.

If he wears the 6 it should be for Wenty. Then KK to five-eighth. If not, stick him on the wing, Burt to five-eighth and Reddy to back.

C'mon HJ - stop being stupid - you're starting to sound like real idiot over this!!

Did you see him tackling Colin Best (streaking down the sideline)??

Did you see him tackling and dislodging the ball from Sutton?

Just like everyone else :crazy:

It's like talking to a 4 year old :cool:

And Burt to 5/8 :? Are you high or something?? Can you really imagine him trying to tackle someone????

Noa

First Grade
How has Hayne at 5/8 affected Inu' game. Thats the thing Id be most concerned with though its probably too make any conclusion

homo man

Juniors
I can't believe how many people here don't actually watch football. It astounds me.
It is interesting the amount of parra fans i know who dont even watch the games,ive gotta a mate at work wears parra jerseys always talks about it but when i say how about parra last night "i missed it mate dinner with the miss's"im sorry but if you 'miss' games your not a true parra fan.
Even if parra were playing on mardi grai night with a promised orgy with thorpy and ian roberts,homo man WOULD NOT MISS A PARRA GAME.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Problem is, Eele, the amount of times he kicks it straight down the defenders throats or makes them do absolutely no work to get them...kick metres mean very little

I agree with you guys - he needs t find open ground more.

Latest posts