What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hit Of The Millenium

stormbati

Bench
I'll throw one in there, 2001 Matt Rua cut Barrett in half at fullspeed. Wish I could find footage as I doubt anyone remembers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
good hit, absolutely. "of the millenium"? :lol:

Bet if it wasn't involving Souths you would say no such thing :lol:

Jarryd Haynes hit on Lockyer in the World Cup was awesome, so was his hit on Shannon McDonnell 3 years ago.

SBW, Tahu, Hayne, Burgess, O'Meley and Morley are some of the best hitters I have ever seen. Great part of the game. Should be encourged.

LOL @ you taking the time to mention Hayne. Look at the players he's hit - Lockyer & McDonnell WOW...he must be so proud

Danish

Referee
Robbie Ross destroying Lam's world in I think 99 was the biggest I've seen. Lam at full pace, Ross completely blindsided him and the resulting error led to a try.

Was epic

Solid

Juniors
Jarryd Haynes hit on Lockyer in the World Cup was awesome, so was his hit on Shannon McDonnell 3 years ago.

SBW, Tahu, Hayne, Burgess, O'Meley and Morley are some of the best hitters I have ever seen. Great part of the game. Should be encourged.

Yep 100%

There is a highlights clip on Bigpond sport from 2007 (i think), and some of the hits from Tahu and Hayne are HUGE.

Sure, Hayne's hit on McDonnell wasn't overly courageous or a massive collision of bodies. But heck, it was a sweet shot. Was so eye catching that it looked scripted.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Robbie Ross destroying Lam's world in I think 99 was the biggest I've seen. Lam at full pace, Ross completely blindsided him and the resulting error led to a try.

Was epic

I agree. That whole play was just epic.

But alas, was last millennium. We got 90 years to go to decide this years one! The Burgess hit, while very, very good, wont even make the top 20!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Guttenbiel on Cadic i believe was one of the best hit ive seen. Even if he was like 5 metres offside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAJC5ce3fc

Another one that springs to mind is Asotasi putting a rock bottom on finch. Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIA1eWiW9so

The hit by Guttenbeil was easily the best hit I've seen, but as you say, it was a penalty so is void. ;-)

I was being a touch facetious by calling Sunday's one the hit of the milllenium, clearly. It was a beauty though and this thread has recanted some other beauties. Post them if they are available.

sharko

Juniors
Many years ago , it was in a semi final I think, Brad Izzard for the Panthers cut old back door Ben Elais in half, huge tackle and could not have happened to a bigger grub!

JT_

Juniors
SBW on Flannery is the best, and for Flannery holding on to the ball made it even better!

Latest posts