What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Illawarra Cutters Thread:

bhabs

Juniors
Junior Tia kilifi was a winger back at the dogs and penrith, I know his been back row all season, must of put on size

RedVDave

First Grade
BqEK1-pCIAAw9ce.jpg

TheRev

First Grade
I got to watch the lower-game games today on fast-forward in my limited baby-free time, but just a few thoughts (p.s. never fun watching us lose 3 games in a row..).

U20's:
Wasnt fair to be playing a team without 4 Origin players.. the quality loss was obvious and we were flogged really, unfortunate because we were up against a top side that had beaten us by a point 2 weeks ago.

The guy that stood out (and I always watch for) was Jack Bird, I think hes smarting from his recent lack of form (and not being selected for origin), he tried really hard, coughing up the ball several times looking to free his hands for offloads, and was put on report for a sort of wrestling move gone wrong but I think he may get off as it was really an accident.. anyway im really hoping Jack can use this chance to knuckle down and get some form back for the U20's. I was also thinking about his size, and I still think hes much to small for 1st Grade in the 2nd Row (though Peachey seems small too for Panthers), but I cant help but think he would be a great size @ Right Centre for a few years until he grows.. dunno just a thought, he has plenty of ball skills..

Cutters:
Was a great game, just going down.. tbh without any recognised halves I was amazed we were in the game, and tbh im concerned how the cutters are going to go for the rest of 2014.. the loss of Williams is a huge blow to them, Witt injured for now, Quinlan is in 1st grade & ive no idea where Stanley is, he must be injured again? In any case even Stanley is a rookie, the cutters are going to need a leader.

Dont have anything useful to add really, noone really stood out, Green was still there (thought he'd been shipped out), this Raper kid still has some development I think, he definitely doesnt stand out like say a Dufty or Hastings did at #1 in the U20's, dont even know where hes come from? There is something about him, but if it wasnt for his surname I wouldnt look twice.

watatank

Coach
We were missing players from the U18s Origin team, we have a few players playing a couple of age groups up. Bird actually played in the U20s NSW team earlier in the season (a year early) and played in the U18s team last year.

Como Connection

First Grade
Jason is a Engadine Dragons junior, teacher at Jannali East PS, aged about 24, showed good footwork and was looking to backup a fair bit.

The Cutters will struggle a bit from now on at one stage they had Quinlan, Mata Utia, Runciman, Mathews, Pumipi who are all playing first grade at the moment due to S.O.S and injuries.

They have also lost Williams, Witt and Stanley if you add those players to that team they would have beaten the Panthers yesterday they had a real go in the second half and showed some of those part timers have real pride and passion.

TheRev

First Grade
Jason is a Engadine Dragons junior, teacher at Jannali East PS, aged about 24, showed good footwork and was looking to backup a fair bit.
Jason Raper? If hes 24 that explains why he missed out on the U20's, hes just been playing a lower grade I guess and forced his way into the Cutters? Seems a late start for a footy player?

TheRev

First Grade
Not sure if this is the thread to talk U20's too, but finally Crook is back this week, add in Dufty and the other origin players (hopefully), and its a much better looking side, also Bird got just 1 week suspension for the tackle last week:

1. Matt Dufty
2. Leigh Higgins
3. Euan Aitken
4. Brent Anderson
5. Rowland Kotobalavu
6. Shannon Crook
7. Adam Clune
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Hayden McCrae
10. Dylan Lauri
11. Wes Lolo
12. Vincent Stowers
13. Hame Sele
14. Jack Kavanagh
15. Logan Harris
16. Luciano Leilua
17. George Lolo
18. Jacob Host
19. Bronson Hoani

BennyV

Referee
Awesome to see young Hutchinson get a gig in NSW Cup, hes a good young player and a big part of our future I hope. God a cool head and seems to be involved in everything.

Hope Crook makes the most of this shot in NYC, I reckon hes also a special player.

TheRev

First Grade
Anyone see the U18's Origin and can let us know how our boys went? Im so cranky that no networks had the game whatsoever, such a chance to promote our future stars, tbh im as interested in that as I am 1st grade.

Perhaps there will be a replay of some sorts later.

Latest posts