What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Injury Thread

Panthers_God

Juniors
So I've been looking around the internet and NRL.com but seem to find no good solid list of team injuries.

The best I've found is on injuryupdate but still that lacks.

We need somewhere that people can post insider information. A place where the die hards in the know can let their rumors out. And where fantasy sports fanatics can find that top secret info to beat their mates.

Here are the guidelines:

• If you see an injury during a NRL game, post it here. e.g. Luke Lewis suffered a head knock against teh Rabbitohs but he seemed to be OK after the game.
  • If you see some one limping after an NRL game. e.g. Michael Jennings' right calf was heavily strapped and iced after the Eels game.
  • If you know an NRL player personally. e.g. My brother Dallas Johnson was concussed falling down the stairs at home but he will be alright to play on the weekend because he is always concussed
  • If you go to a training session and see someone sit out. e.g. Russell Packer sat out the Warriors training session on Thursday and looks in doubt for the weekend
  • If you're watching TV and they announce something. e.g Andy Raymond mentioned on fox that Luke Patten will sit out another week with injury
  • If you hear someone call in on the radio e.g. I just heard on 2GB that Jeremy Smith has been battling a cold all week and may be in doubt for the Friday night game.
  • If you're at an NRL game and hear an announcement e.g. This is in from Parra Stadium, Lowrie is out, Wright into lock and Latimore comes onto the bench
  • If someone is set to return from a long term injury e.g. Petro Civenocieva has returned to training and is aiming to return week 1 of the finals.
  • If there are any judiciary cases. e.g. I think Luke O'donnell might have a problem with a dangerous throw from Saturdays game, plus he also has carry over points from round 11.

Lets try to keep this as factual as possible. If your posting a rumour or an opinion say so!

This will be a great reference point for die hard fans, NRL punters and the fantasy fanatics (of which I am all 3).

Thanks Guy and lets keep this thread going on and on!!!

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
handy to know who is in doubt for those like me heading into a preliminary final in more than one fantasy comp

Panthers_God

Juniors
Let me kick things off with a rather obvious example:

Brett Stewart will most likely be back this week (NRL.com).
Greg Inglis could also be back too (NRL.com). Plus Melbourne have lost 2 in a row without him so he'll be back(Opinion).

gronkathon

First Grade
Taniela Tuiaki................Broken Leg..........................Season
Beau Ryan.....................Posterior Ligament tear...........4 -6 weeks
Tim Moltzen...................Broken Collarbone..................Unlikely
Chris Heighington............Bumped Knee........................Unlikely
Blake Ayshford................Infected Foot........................In Doubt
Keith Galloway................Swollen Hand........................In Doubt
John Skandalis................Leg Injury...........................In Doubt
Bryce Gibbs...................Suspension.......................... 2 weeks

From Telecrap

yobbo84

First Grade
Injury Report
Player: Craig Wing
Injury: Hamstring
Expected Return: TBA

Player: Rhys Wesser
Injury: Knee

Player: Fetuli Talanoa
Expected Return: Out for the season

Player: Michael Greenfield
Injury: Neck/Ankle
Expected Return: Indefinite

Player: Michael Crocker
Injury: Ankle

Player: Shaune Corrigan
Injury: Leg
Expected Return: Out for 2009 Season

Player: Kane Cleal
Injury: Wrist
Expected Return: Out for 2009 season

Player: Beau Champion
Injury: Hand

Player: Roy Asotasi

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/Season/NRL.html

Liam

Juniors
Knights:
Ben Cross - Finals
Cameron Ciraldo - Finals
Daniel Tolar - Season
James McManus - Round 25

gong_eagle

First Grade
MANLY : Jamie Lyon (shoulder) 1-2 weeks - Shane Rodney (broken thumb) 4weeks - Brett Stewart (fitnes test today)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs:
Ben Hannant (knee) - Finals Week 1

(wants to come back earlier though)

Lower graders:
Daniel Harrison (ACL rupture) - Indefinite
Conrad Ta’akimoeaka (ACL rupture) - Indefinite

gronkathon

First Grade
Add to Tigers

Willie Mataka - Eye socket damage (Round 26)
Alan Schirnack - Apparantly played little minutes for Balmain on weekend and was iced up and limping from the 15 minute mark
Peni Tagive - Season after shoulder surgery
Blake Lazarus - Cleared to return to training after Knee Recon
Dene Halatau - Returned From Injury for Balmain last week

Panthers_God

Juniors
This would have been handy at the start of the season.

lol. yes. Well I hope it keeps going through the finals, off season and into the start of next season.

Its been pretty popular so far.

Can it be made a sticky??

I'll try to make a full list of all the teams in my first post when I get some time and more info.

Jelly Warrior

Juniors
Great idea Panther, don't worry about Timmah he's just gutted you came
up with a great idea.
Warriors
Mannering knee injury could be out a few weeks from Doc Mahew the warriors doctor
Tate gone for year knee

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol. yes. Well I hope it keeps going through the finals, off season and into the start of next season.

Its been pretty popular so far.

Can it be made a sticky??

I'll try to make a full list of all the teams in my first post when I get some time and more info.
A big problem with threads like this is also that there's a 30-day edit limit on posts... you could probably update this kind of thread's opening post until say, semi's week two, but after that it's locked for editing. Sucks tbh.

Panthers_God

Juniors
A big problem with threads like this is also that there's a 30-day edit limit on posts... you could probably update this kind of thread's opening post until say, semi's week two, but after that it's locked for editing. Sucks tbh.

Is there anything I could do to keep an updated list??

Otherwise I guess everyone can just post what they have on here and people can sift through the latest posts.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Phil Gould - severe chaffing and friction burns after watching Hayne and Marshall last weekend. Has applied the ice pack and will be right to return this weekend (observation)

Smiley

Bench
BRISBANE BRONCOS - Injury Report

Player: Gerard Beale
Injury: Knee Reconstrution
Expected Return: 2010

Player: Israel Folau
Injury: Fractured Ankle
Expected Return: Round 25

Player: Joel Clinton
Injury: Ankle
Expected Return: Round 25