What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joey Leilua Award

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mark ONeil was a pretty tough guy. Took a lot to knock him out.

If the incidents were similar J Reynolds would still be asleep.

Good joke though, but let's keep the discussion in the realms of reality

Your entire argument, literally entire argument, for the soft charge is that Latrell was reacting to foul play. This is the exact same circumstance that

Dingo_dan

Juniors
Your entire argument, literally entire argument, for the soft charge is that Latrell was reacting to foul play. This is the exact same circumstance that

No.

My argument is that the difference between BJ and Latrell is that Latrell reacted instantly to an incident towards the player that did it. Thats entirely different to what BJ did. That arguement is specifically for the boneheads asking why Bjs and Latrells charges weren't the same.

The fact that you link the worst act of foul as a comparison to Latrell shows you're reaching. But linking Williams strengthens my original argument which I'll repeat again, slowly, because comprehension seems hard in here.

Ok ready to focus?

Different. Incidents. By. Different. Players. In. Different. Circumstances. Require. Different. Charges. And. Gradings

simmo05

Bench
It's funny you say 'protected for his weekend away'.

Latrell didn't have a weekend away. He had been quarantining on that property for several weeks before that all blew up. The fact he got the same punishment as addo-carr (who did leave his quarantine) and a much larger penalty then cleary who it turns out lied repeatedly to the nrl integrity committee, shows that he wasnt 'protected'.

The 'protected' species thing is all in your head
Hey look, wily old flog is back!

Bazal

Post Whore
Well this thread went full retread with this dingo's_donger fella.

Which is a fitting tribute to the great man

Dingo_dan

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...-in-leilua-mitchell-bans-20200713-p55bmz.html

"In the case of Joey Leilua - it was a different type of incident," Annesley said. "A player who was literally a bystander was hit quite high. It was obviously off the ball and that player was an innocent bystander. He hadn't done anything to aggravate the situation. All of that is taken into consideration.

"With Latrell Mitchell, it was a different type of action. It was more of a swinging arm, more of a striking action, rather than a high-tackle-type action.

"They are different and consequently, the match review committee viewed them differently and the attributes of those tackles differently.

"They're not the same. It's quite easy to say that they're the same but they're not. If you break them down, you can very quickly see that they're not the sam
e."

SBD82

Coach
Striking action you say? So why wasn't the 'no punch' rule enforced?
This is what surprised me.

Pretty clearly a strike. Should have gone to the bin.

Having said that, I think it’s a bit ridiculous to compare this to BJ’s Acolyte impression. Taking out a player off the ball like that is some serious 70’s shit.

gerg

Juniors

Having said that, I think it’s a bit ridiculous to compare this to BJ’s Acolyte impression. Taking out a player off the ball like that is some serious 70’s shit.

Maybe BJ is moonlighting as a chiropractor, Edwards posture clearly needed a realignment.

typicalfan

Coach

I was surprised both players didn't go for 10. Reynolds was an accident but very dramatic. Such a Reynolds thing to play at the ball and kick a guy flush.

The laughable thing is that BJ's hit was one incident (I by the way am not debating whether it was wrong or not, or whether the penalty was harsh or not. It was a premier brain fade, a cheap shot and deserved four weeks minimum IMO.) Latrell got away with repeated thuggery in the one game and still will serve less on the sideline.

The lesson sent to the players here is, blindside someone just after an incident and claim "heat of the moment." You will halve your suspension. Annesley's argument is bullshit as well. If BJ was attempting a tackle and Mitchell was striking, how is it that Mitchell wasn't marched? What happened to the no punching rule? Second lesson to the players is you can coward punch someone after they have felled one of your own teammates and stay on the pitch.

macnaz

Staff member
Blatant dog shot. Can’t believe anyone would argue it was anything else. Can’t say ‘it’s not his go’ for this merkin either. He does shit like that all the time.
And he also continued on with it and rag dolled Reynolds to the ground.

Dingo_dan

Juniors
No it was all your posts before that... but ok...

Tell me more about what Mitchell 'done' and how we're all unintelligent
My post before that?

The question was asked why Latrell and BJ didn't get the same suspension.

My posts were that they were separate incidents, under separate circumstances therefore resulted in different grading of charges.

Every reply to that was that I was making stuff up, I'm dishonest, I'm dumb, whataboutism etc.

So the nrl have come out on why the differences between BJ and LM. And their response?

that they were separate incidents, under separate circumstances therefore resulted in different grading of charges.

Latest posts